x

Double payment reflected on an invoice and in Total Sales

I had to take two partial payments on an invoice and now it looks like the invoice was paid double.  It shows as income when I did not take double the amount.  I cannot find a way of correcting this.

$538.60 Invoice total
-$357.60 Partial Payment #1
-$181.00 Partial payment #2
--------------------------------
=$0.00

However, the Total Sales reflect $1077.20 (538.60+538.60).

Moreover, I cannot get into the invoice to correct this apparent error.  To make a correction, it calls for me to erroneously REFUND the money to the customers even though both customers verified correct amounts were deducted from their credit card accounts.

Does anyone have any answers?  Could I do a separate negative invoice to zero/cancel out the error?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @hideawayoceansu - thanks for reaching out here on the Seller Community and letting us know about this. This definitely sounds strange.

We aren't able to jump into account specifics here on the Community, due to this being a public platform - although, this is something we will want to take a deeper dive into to figure out whats happening. Our system does not allow the ability to take duplicate card transactions for an Invoice, but it sounds like there may have been a 'recorded payment' that is reflecting on the Invoice itself. If this is the case, the system may believe that you accepted a cash or check payment for this Invoice outside of Square.

Either way, this looks like we may need to take a look into this with you. I would recommend contacting our Support Team whenever you get a chance. We will get to the bottom of it!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2