x

Why does my app shut down while in use?

My app keeps sutting down while in use and foces us to delete and re-load.  I have done all of the suggested fixes with no success.  We are running IOS 12.3.1.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Wow! That’s super frustrating and definitely not something that should be happening. Do you happen to know what App version you’re installing or if you've been in a Beta?

I’d assume the most recent update 5.16 is what is being installed- but we’ll want to check. We’d also like to get a support ticket opened up for you so we can get this resolved.

They will reach out via email so please keep an eye out.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 6

We are experiencing the same thing with the latest updates to iOS and the square app. This has been going on for several weeks. The only way to recover is to delete the square app and reinstall. We're doing that several times per week, usually in the middle of trying to check out customers.

I called Square support yesterday and the guy who "helped" me said his troubleshooting skills didn't extend to this problem--must be an Apple problem--he told me to call Apple tech support. Which I did not do because we have the same problem despite the fact we've replaced the iPad 3 times, the latest with an iPad Air that was restored to factory settings, and set up as new with, basically, only Square.

We have 3 other stores running square with the stand, cash drawer, scanner & printer. The only difference I can think of between the functioning systems and the one that keeps shutting down is the shutdown square has quite a few more items (approximately 1800.)

I'd appreciate any help with this.

iOS 12.4

Square 5.17

Message 3 of 6
Admin

@SugarSpite

I'm so sorry this is happening to you, and that our team directed you to Apple Support.  

It's my opinion that we should file a ticket for this and look further into the issues on your system.  I'm not able to see your Account Specifics here on the Community, but we are able to escalate your case to support and have them look further into the cause on this. 

We're happy to do that for you, and they will reach out via email for more information to look further into this, including the location it's happening on. Please keep an eye on your email for communications from the team.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 4 of 6

One month later. It’s still happening and I haven’t heard from anybody. No ticket. No support. No email. No help with the constant shut downs. 

Message 5 of 6
Admin

@SugarSpite

Just to clarify, have you reached out to support for this issue?

We did file a ticket, but at this point I would suggest giving Support a call so they can walk you through some deeper troubleshooting. 

iOS 12.4 is released at this point. We would ask that you update to that one, and you'll want to run the latest version of the Square App - 5.19.

We'll check into the the ticket as well and make sure someone does reach out to you.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 6 of 6