x

Why won't my app recognize bluetooth all of a sudden? This just started happening Saturday.

I've been using square for years and the card reader since it came out.  As of Saturday for some reason when I open the app in my phone, it won't show where the app is connected or even trying to connect to bluetooth.  I was at a client's on Saturday and tried everything.  I even had to pair it to my phone.  Even after the reader was connected when I opened the app and tried to run a cc it wouldn't to bluetooth.  I had to key in the cc #.  Same thing happened today.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Same problem for me, two years later.  Did you find a solution?

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Hey @Julee. Sorry about this!

I've seen this issue before, and typically a hard reset on the reader fixes it 😊

Here are the instructions on how to do so:

1. Plug in the reader for at least 20 minutes to be sure it’s charged.
  2. Use a small object like a bobby pin, pen cap, or paper clip to firmly press and hold the button on the reader for 20 seconds or after the 4 lights stop blinking red.
  3. After 20 seconds, release the button and wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the button again to turn the reader on and observe any lights on the reader.
  5. Try to pair. 

If that doesn't work, please give us a call so we can resolve this for you. Our number is (855) 700-6000 - but you'll also need your customer code.  The steps to look up your code are here

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 3 of 3