x

Why won't offline payments go through ?

I have 5 payments that were processed offline on an iPad. Now I am home and connected to the internet. All 5 are still offline, should it happen automatically ?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

Hey @prinsess!

Welcome to the Seller Community.

As long as you are successfully connected to WiFi on the iPad, the payments should automatically upload when you open the app. Were you able to receive these payments?

Let us know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 12

Hi,  I am having a similar problem. My pending offline transactions will not upload.  I am connected to the internet, but the Terminal doesn't seem to recognize that it is connected to the internet.

Message 3 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey @gwynneholcombe,

I'd recommend contacting our direct CS team as soon as possible to get these uploaded since there's a time limit on offline mode transactions.

You can select > More I Don't See My Issue to get in touch by phone.

We aren't able to see them here from the Community but they should be able to get you taken care of!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 12

Hi,  Thank you for your response.  I checked the Terminal a few minutes ago, ~5pm, and the pending offline transactions got completed by themselves.  Not sure what happened?  Maybe the Terminal had a software bug and the 3am update (it is scheduled for 3am updates daily, if available) fixed it's inability to see that it was connected to the internet?  Whatever happened, the payments processed.  Thank you, again.

Message 5 of 12
Square Community Moderator

That's amazing to hear. It is possible the update helped get the terminal to connect. Next time this happens, please contact Support ASAP as these payments only have 72 hours to upload and you are more likely to get in the moment support. Overall, I'm very happy you have everything up and running!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 12

• During a power outage this morning, I used my cell phone and a magstripe reader for about an hour to collect card and cash payments. After power was restored, I went back to my Square POS iPad. Since then, every few minutes my phone tells me I have 7 unprocessed payments and I need to restore connectivity. Connectivity was restored when the power came back on, and all the card payments appear under the list of transactions that appear to have been processed. But the 7 payments in question are all cash payments.  It also says there's an issue with a linked card" but that shouldn't matter for cash transactions. Error says "7 unprocessed payments, Restore connectivity to process." How do I get rid of this message??
Message 7 of 12

Good Morning: 

This has happened to us as well.  The same exact scenario.  I have called Square to troubleshoot the issue with no resolution.  Does anyone know how this can be fixed? 

Message 8 of 12
Admin

Hey @Schdytrading and @Oxranch-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. Really sorry to hear about this issue.

Typically, when you’ve regained Internet connectivity, payments will show as completed. Given that the payments are pending, please do not delete and reinstall the app. Instead, please try force quitting the app on your device, and then reopening it. If that doesn't work, please try turning your WiFi on and off on the device, and then re-open the app.

If this doesn't work, please call our Support Team right away. Payments expire from pending after 72-hours. Our Support Team has the ability to file a ticket with our Engineering Team if they are unable to find a solution to an app issue. Please don't be afraid to request this so they can look into this for you. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 9 of 12

@isabelle and @Oxranch I tried the workaround and it didn't change anything. I will try to call square tomorrow for a ticket.

Message 10 of 12
Admin

Hey @Schdytrading!

Thanks for your reply. I hope you were able to get in touch with our Support Team. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 11 of 12

I called this morning and at about the same time the situation had resolved itself on its own. So notifications for 48 hours that cash payments had been unprocessed and then I disappeared. @ox

Message 12 of 12