x

I can't add a discount for any quantity but 1 on an invoice. why?

Hi so here is my problem.  I have tried and tried to make a discount that can be applied to quantity in an invoice.  For example, I want to sell one of my items to a store for whole sale, but I don't want to sell whole sale to anyone online.  I don't want to add another item for the whole sale price so i made a discount.  I followed all the directions to make the discount apply to the quantity of an item, but it still only applies the discount to the one item but not for more then one of that item.  What am I doing wrong.  I'm frustrated because I also can't trouble shoot with some one on the phone instead of just searching FAQ.  please can anyone help me?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

Hi there @Goneviralsaniti 👋

First, I want to make sure you know that you can indeed get in touch with our Customer Success team by phone. When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

In the meantime, we can try to point you in the right direction here. Are you able to share a screenshot of the discount you created, and it's settings?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Hi I apologise for the delayed response. I unfortunately already deleted the discounts due to it was to confusing when I was working on other things.  Basically my problem is in the discount menu it states that you can make a discount by price and apply it to quantity, so I made the discount for example $5 off a particular product.  So then I go to make an invoice and select that particular product and choose 5 quantity.  then I apply the discount and it only takes $5 off the entire transaction instead of $25 off since the discount is suppose to go for each of that item.  So i'm not sure if this is making sense and maybe you can help walk me through it.   By the way thank you for the link to the customer service.

Message 3 of 3