x

got a new phone

had to get a new phone..which of course meant I had to get a new reader...only it will not plug all the way into the "lightening" charging port so my phone just gives me a moisture detected warning and the reader does NOT connect to sq at all.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @jaciC thanks for your post. I'm sorry you're having trouble with your reader. Do you have a case on your new phone? If so, the thickness of the case could be getting in the way of the phone port. If that is not the cause, there could be an issue with your phone system software version. Check out this web page for some info about recent software that is causing this message. An interesting thing I found is that if your phone is less than 40% charged it could cause this warning when plugging into a phone charger; maybe this is also the case if you are plugging in the reader. Might be worth checking just to see how much phone charge you have.

If the plugged in reader is not working for you, consider getting a bluetooth reader. It will allow chip cards to be inserted as well as contactless payments from credit cards and Apple Pay. I've used one and they work really well.

Message 2 of 2