x

"An invalid character was detected in row: 1." inventory import error

I'm trying to import my initial inventory, and I keep getting the following message:  "There is 1 error in your document. If you need to make any changes, re-import your CSV.  An invalid character was detected in row: 1."  Row 1 is the column headers that were downloaded directly from the square export tool.  I did not change any of the info in this row, nor delete any columns.  It would be really helpful if it would tell me what character, etc.  I've tried multiple times to re-download, and then deleted special characters in various cells, but not in the first row.  Please help.  It's taking forever just to get a practice CSV imported so I can see how this works.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Hi - did you get a response back from square retail? I'm also getting the line 17 error. I'll reach out to them tomorrow, but was hoping to clear up tonight. thanks!

Message 22 of 23

They contacted me and gave me some very simple problem solving solutions that I had already tried. Next option was to send them my file and have them take a look at it. 

Not it a quick fix. 😞

Message 23 of 23