x

square customer directory not updating based on recent appointment history

We use Square for an optometry practice - including Square checkout, Square appointments and Square Marketing. A portion of our customers pay via insurance and we don't check them out using Square checkout (no tender exchanged). However, they have a recent appointment. The Square customer directory does not update their recent visit based on their appointment - marking them as never visited. This really screws up our Square Marketing groups when we try to reach customers that haven't visited in 12 months - essentially bombarding people that have recently visited. Short of us doing a Square checkout with $0, is there a way around this where we don't spam customers that have recently visited? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Hello @DrSofi

I've done some thinking and digging on this. So the Customer Directory's smart groups look at purchases made through the Point of Sale app. So even though these customers have appointments, it won't move them into your desired group.

I did some testing and creating a $0 dollar item called "Insurance visit" is the best workaround available. The other option would be to move them manually on the Dashboard, but if you have a lot of patients this could take awhile. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me! 😀

Message 2 of 2