x

Does square work in the Philippines? ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ญ

Hi, 

I live in manila, Philippines and I am wondering if square works with credit cards and banks here. I'd like to order a square piece online but there is nothing saying whether it is able to function here. Thank you! 

Message 1 of 44
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Thanks for your interest in Square, @Juliaquis

We don't currently offer card processing - nor phone support - in the Philippines. At this time we offer card acceptance with the Square app in the US, Canada, Japan, the UK, and Australia.

We're looking to bring payment processing to other markets, and we'll be sure to announce any further expansion on our website! Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

@JustinC, any update of the possibility of using credit card in the Philippines?

Message 22 of 44

hi i have a US bank, can i set-it up?

Message 23 of 44
Admin

@veronicaaa in order to use Square for Payments in the USA you'll need:

- To be running a business based in the US

- Social Security Number

- A US residential address

- The ability to pass a US based ID verification

- A US bank account

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 44

Can we use the square card reader in the Philippines?

Message 25 of 44

We're still waiting for the update about card transactions availability here! I'm from Philippines too. Thank in advance

Message 26 of 44
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @MeetUpCafe ๐Ÿ‘‹ Thanks for checking in here! No specific update in regards to payment availability in the Philippines, but as soon as we have more information to share, we will bounce back here and update everyone accordingly.

Thanks again for writing in!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Message 27 of 44

Hello.  I have a virtual assistant that is in the Phillipines.  Is there anything that she can do in Square to assist me?

Message 28 of 44

Hi there, @LaSweetPlace ๐Ÿ‘‹ 

Accessing a Square account should be available no matter where you are located. The only hinderance to being outside of our internationally available countries is that you cannot process payments. In other words, your assistant should be able to log in and manage your account from a back-end standpoint, they just would not be able to charge payments.

Joe
Message 29 of 44

Hi,

How to purchase square POS to be used in the philippines legally? Planning to use it in a desktop computer or ipad.

Thanks in advance.

Message 30 of 44

Hi @Tupz you will need to use only the Square Point of Sale app to process your cash transactions in the Philippines as we do not sell our hardware in that country. It will simply not work. 

Thanks for asking! Also, welcome to the Seller Community!!

AshleyK
Message 31 of 44

Thanks. If i use the app to record and process cash transactions, how much do i need to pay to your company?

What about accounting app? Do you have one?

Message 32 of 44

Hey @Tupz,

Cash/Other transactions aren't charged any fees. Just card processing transactions that aren't available there at this time.

We don't have an accounting app no. That would be it.

Ashley C
Message 33 of 44

Hi, do you provide remote support for Philippines users/clients? why is it that the dashboard is different using Square POS account created in USA and account created here in the Philippines?  

Message 34 of 44

Welcome to the Community, @BusyBumbleBee

The Dashboard will look different because Square doesn't have payment processing available in the Philippines. It's only available in the US, Canada, Australia, Japan, Ireland, and France. 

If you're using your US account, you can only process payments in the US. 

Kassi
Message 35 of 44

Just to be clear we can use it to record sales and reports but just not accept credit card payment through it? I can jus use another credit card system to take payment. Does anyone use another system that can integrate with square?

Message 36 of 44

That's right, @RaymondChi, you can enter the payments via another system, and use Square to record your payments. Generally, you would have to enter the amounts directly on the payment processing machine from your provider overseas. 

PS. I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community  ๐Ÿฅณ

Message 37 of 44

Hi, I couldn't find a clear answer, but I wanted to know if the Virtual Terminal works in the Philippines? I try to log a payment using the Virtual Terminal option (charging cash only for everything), but it takes me back to the main dashboard without doing anything. Is there a specific browser I should be using? Thanks!

Message 38 of 44

Hello, I just want to check in if there are any updates regarding the credit card payments in the Philippines, My interest was piqued by your system and would like to integrate one in my business.

Message 39 of 44
Admin

@johnjohng thanks for your interest! We're not available in the Philippines - if this changes in the future we'll update this thread.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 40 of 44

Hi! Can I use square to send order tickets to the kitchen via an Epson printer? Is there an available tutorial on how to set-up one? I hope someone could help me. Thank you in advance!

Message 41 of 44

Hello, There is a lot of hardware on the market to fulfil your requirement(s). It does not have to be Square unless you have a specific need for it. Even a cheap Android with the correct software will do the trick! You just need to pair it via Bluetooth or Wife (then with a wireless switch to handle multiple devices and further away). Check out some software that can work with what you require. What kitchen are you running? We much just come over for a meal! ๐Ÿ˜‹

Message 42 of 44