x

Discount Codes to be used when booking an appointment online

Discount Codes to be used when booking an appointment online

I'd like to offer a special for clients for booking online, but there is no option for them to enter in a discount code when booking their appointment. This would be an essential asset to business marketing, promotions and bookings. It's important to have pre-paid booking options, but if i want to offer a discount, there doesn't seem to be any way to do this

5 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Discount Codes to be used when booking an appointment online

Yes, We do need that. 

Verified Answer

Discounts, Gift cards, and payment options for services

Talking with a rep yesterday I learned that the services (which I use for my healthcare practice linked to my online appointments via desktop), does not have the option for coupons, gift cards, or payment options like Afterpay.

I was trying so hard to figure it out because I could see the coupon I generated for "items" and on the square app (for manually entered appointments).

Please work on including these much needed features!! thank you. 

Case: 72437319

mahdiyahasiya

Verified Answer

Re: Square Appointments: Can my customers use a discount code when booking?

WOW, finding this thread really opened my eyes on how LONG this feature has been requested and Square done nothing... more than 4 years... 

Not only discount coupons are essential for appointments but also there is no option for gift cards which are also sold by Square Online... but can't be used on Appointments? Doesn't make any sense right?

We sell skateboarding lessons, and a lot of people want to give them as gift cards for Christmas and Birthday, but they can't use the option to book online like everyone else, they need to call us and we have to block the slot with no payment, hoping they will show up to be able to charge the gift card or apply a discount in person when they arrive. 

I am tired of waiting for this to change... the recent new updates in Square have been so useless, at least for my business, and this essential feature still missing... I feel like the only solution is to look into moving to another software... 

Verified Answer

Re: I have standard prices for my services, how do I change the price to reflect a discount?

Hi @janiced 👋 

While it is possible to apply a discount to a service when charging a client in-person for a service using the Square Point of Sale app, it's currently not possible for your clients to use a discount or coupon code when booking an appointment using your Appointments booking site - this is being tracked as a feature request at this time.

Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to add coupon options for Appointments? We can't offer them with Appointments...

Currently there isn't a way for your customers to use coupons or promo codes for Appointments booked from your online Appointments booking site. We're tracking this feature request! 

In the meantime if you use Square Marketing to send customers coupons you can apply those coupons at checkout from Appointments app. (And you can create a discount and apply that at checkout when your client arrives for their appointment.)

230 Comments
Beta Member

Good afternoon Square peeps!    I am wondering if there has been any movement on this request?  I am asking because this is definitely something that would be helpful!  

Is there any update on this request? I use appointments and would love the discount feature. I currently have members who use a membership code for my website and they get discounts when they book with me. It would just be easier if they do everything online instead of me having them book, then I send them an invoice and wait for them to reply back. Everything can be done right there and then.

What's hilarious is, I asked about this a couple years ago, folks had been asking for a couple years before me, so this is a feature that literally hundreds of people have asked for, for years, and Square continues to ignore it because they want you to pay for the add on to use the feature. I get an email EVERY SINGLE TIME someone else comments on this thread, so I get a least one reminder a week that Square is still not a full service service. I moved everything I could over to Acuity Scheduling which does offer coupons that are VERY EASY to set up. Acuity still uses Square as one of their payment processors, so I guess no matter what, Square is gonna get paid for not doing the work, and has no real motivation to address this. Capitalism is the best!

Yep, @vghjhv and they will continue to ignore this thread for years to come; which is the reason I have also moved my booked away from Square. It's sad. Square changed the way businesses could accept credit cards, but they can't add a coupon function to their appointments feature? Dumb. 

Disappointing to see how long Square is ignoring customer requests to create a discount code feature when booking online appointments. It looks like it could be time to move to Acuity. This is holding my sales strategy back... 😞 

What is the workaround to offer discounts to new customers??? I only have one booking option on my site for consultations )(intentionally to avoid creating confusion). How can i engage more clients through referrals with a discount code in this platform. Help, please?! 

Beta Member

I mainly book sessions through services because it includes the time but I am realizing that clients cannot use the codes directly on the booking site. Is there another way to do so?

So I have my discount setup so it gets automatically applied to a specific service and it works when I book the appointment, however when I do online booking and have clients self book online through the link, the discount does not get automatically applied to the service. Why is that? They are booking the same service which means the discount should be auto applied but its not. 

I have discounts setup for different things that way I can keep track of total discounts on the report, but I don't want to have to manually apply the discount to each online booking so I guess I might have to set up the service with a discounted price already and not do any discounts at all, which will suck since I won't have a report of how much money was discounted. 

Alumni

Hi there @Itiswellnessmt - and thanks for posting in the Seller Community 

At this time, it's not possible for your customers to use coupons when booking their own appointment through your online Square Appointments booking site. We will be sure to post an update here about this feature request when we have one available. Please see @Helen's post in this thread for a suggestion about how to offer discounts to your clients!

Alumni

Hi again @VSM 👋

@Helen addresses this topic here in this thread, so I've moved your post here. 

Your clients will not be able to use "discounts" when booking an appointment via your Square booking site. If something changes in regards to the way discounts/coupons interact with your booking site, we'll be sure to make an announcement in this thread, so stay subscribed to receive a notification about new posts.

I just created a coupon code for each of my lodging partners to give their guests when they schedule a tour with me, and I was wondering why no one was using them. Now I am seeing that they don't work at all - there is no where to enter them when they check out?? This is going to make me look like a big jerk! Will this be fixed soon?