x

Offering packages in appointments

Offering packages in appointments

I know that this has mentioned multiple time over the past few years, but when will packages be offered in appointments?????
I keep seeing the same excuse of "thank you for your suggestion, it will be looked into", however nothing has happened.
There are plenty of other websites that are implementing "packages" so why it is so hard for square to do it as well?
I have seen some suggestions of how to manually keep track but it does become tedious work having to do this for all of those clients. Plus all of the features we are currently having to pay for is adding up especially for small business owners such as myself, you would think that a package feature would be included in the cost.

17 Comments
Beta Member

@Kassi_  There are at least 24 pages of comments on this thread: Feature Request: Create packages including multipl... - Page 24 - The Seller Community

I don't understand how this has flown under the radar for so long. If people are willing to fill up 24 pages of comments about a feature, then it's obvious it's something people want. I think it's now been nearly seven years since the first comment in that thread asking for this, so it's obvious Square is not going to implement this. Since we are ramping up our packages, we're going to have to move platforms.

Beta Member

For example, lets say a client buys a package of 10 1on1 sessions upfront, Square Appointments should have the ability to count down and draw from the 10 pack each time a session is performed (automatically "pulled" through the calendar). I currently have to keep track of this manually which is annoying, and Im researching other platforms to see if they meet my needs better than Square. Seems like people have been asking for this since last year. 

Beta Member

@RobynR  could someone offer a reason why it's not a priority for the development team? This has been requested many times for at least 7 years. Is it because it benefits only service based businesses? Is it because service based business make up a small percentage of your overall users?

We were told in this thread https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Read-only-archive-Square/Feature-Request-Create-packages-includin... that it was a popular feature request and that it was on the roadmap for 2021, but now it's not even planned.

Square Community Moderator
Status changed to: New

Hey there, @Sugarlips204 - 

This request has been previously submitted by another seller. We appreciate you sharing your business use case and why it would be valuable for you. I have merged your submission with the other request here.

If you know of any fellow Seller Community members who would like to see this built out as well, feel free to tag them in your post so they can share their thoughts as well! The more sellers chime in to the request, the more likely it is to catch our product team's eye.

Square Community Moderator
Status changed to: New

Hi @Val3 - 

This request has been previously submitted by another seller. We appreciate you sharing your business use case and why it would be valuable for you. I have merged your submission with the other request here.

If you know of any fellow Seller Community members who would like to see this built out as well, feel free to tag them in your post so they can share their thoughts as well! The more sellers chime in to the request, the more likely it is to catch our product team's eye.

Hello! 

Is there a way to create prepaid packages for services?

For example - Buy 5 , Get 1 Free - with a way to track the number of services they've purchased & the remaining left once they redeem some?

I would love this for my business as we have many repeat clients who continuously get the same service such as brow waxing, spray tans, etc. 

has this feature been considered at all? 

Beta Member

@Studio803  This has been requested many times with hundreds of posts for at least seven years. Square has made it clear with their inaction that this is not something they're interested in implementing.