x

Can I transfer money from my bank account to square/

Someone paid me with venmo because they didn't know how to use square.  I want to transfer the money into my square account but I do not see a way to do this.  Is there a way?  I would transfer money from venmo to my bank account then then to square.  

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there, @noblenutria -

Welcome back to the Community! 

Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to transfer funds from your bank to your Square account. Only funds can be sent from Square to your bank account. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Best Answer

Hey there, @noblenutria -

Welcome back to the Community! 

Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to transfer funds from your bank to your Square account. Only funds can be sent from Square to your bank account. 

Kassi
Message 2 of 8

YES, you can transfer funds.  The original answer is incorrect.  Find "transfer" on your account.  The first option is to link your bank account to your square account.  That sets it up so you can transfer funds from you bank account to your square account.  

Message 3 of 8

Can you take me step-by-step through it

Message 4 of 8

yes all you will need to do is go to the upper right corner and go into account settings then click transfers and you will find there how to transfer money from your bank account to your square business debit card. very easy to do. just click on all the transfer options and you will find under one of them transfer money from your linked bank account. i have a savings account i dont even have a debit card and i set up my bank account with just my routing number and account number. i am trying to figure out how to stop transfers from happening. As when i take payments for some reason a certain amount of that money transfers into my bank account automatically and it won't let me erase or delete my bank account. i would like all my money to stay on my square business card and not partial payments being transferred to my bank account but i cant seem to figure this out myself. but to answer your question its very easy. and i listed above how to do so. Also if you make invoices for your customers its easier for them to pay they just click on the invoice from there email and pay with a debit and credit card. and dont have to call you to take the payment. or anything like that. 

Message 5 of 8

Thanks for stepping in here and helping out your fellow Sellers, @Kandbcleaning18! We appreciate you!

In regards to your question concerning stopping a Transfer to your bank account, we would advise reaching out to our Support Team when this situation arises. They can take specific actions to assist here, including removing your bank account all-together.

Let us know if anything else comes up!

Joe
Message 6 of 8

Why may transfer want go through 

Message 7 of 8

Hi! I'm really sorry to hear the frustration regarding your transfers. I've merged your post to an existing thread, but please let me know if you still have trouble or other questions!

AshleyK
Message 8 of 8