x

Concession Stand Inventory Management

Hello - We run a concession stand for my son's baseball organization and are hoping to track our inventory better using the SquareApp. We prepare food items such as cheeseburgers and hamburgers that we buy as hamburger buns, hamburger patties, and cheese slices. My question of inventory management really is, how do I set our items up so that when we sell 1 cheeseburger it reduces our inventory by 1 hamburger bun, 1 hamburger patty, and 1 slice of cheese? We do not buy pre-made cheeseburgers and re-sell them. I know how to create items and have been messing around with modifiers, variations, and options but none of those seem to be right. I have newly taken over this role and am hoping this is a simple setup that will help us manage our concession stand better.

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi @Arie,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your help and guidance. It would be nice if Square could add a feature such as an "Item Set" or something like that where you create individual items like you do today. These items could be marked as "not for sale" but you could track inventory against them. Then you could take multiple items to create an "item set" that would be for sale. So when you sell an item set it reduces your item inventory by the desired amount. 

Hopefully, something like this could be built into Square. It feels like they have something like this but not quite the same with Options and Option sets or like they have modifiers that can be required for an item. 

Thank you,
@WRYSA 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @WRYSA,

Thanks for writing in with this question! 

Right now, you'd have to use a third-part app to track the components that make up your items. Another seller has asked this question here - check out their suggestions to get started. 

Message 2 of 5

Best Answer

Hi @Arie,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your help and guidance. It would be nice if Square could add a feature such as an "Item Set" or something like that where you create individual items like you do today. These items could be marked as "not for sale" but you could track inventory against them. Then you could take multiple items to create an "item set" that would be for sale. So when you sell an item set it reduces your item inventory by the desired amount. 

Hopefully, something like this could be built into Square. It feels like they have something like this but not quite the same with Options and Option sets or like they have modifiers that can be required for an item. 

Thank you,
@WRYSA 

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @WRYSA

We’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Point of Sale. Our team monitors these boards, and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

@WRYSA ;

Not sure you can use this but if you use Squares Bundle Feature you might be able to do what your asking.

Here is more on Bundles : 8057-create-managing-bundles-with-square-for-retail 

You create Item Hamburger for $5.00

which you would have to create items 1 Patty, 1 Bun, 1 slice of cheese...... each of those would be reduced in inventory.

Since each Bun, Patty and slice of cheese would have a Cost associated with it, Square does show the total all 3 items Cost you so you can set your price.  I have used these to make Gift Baskets in my store for different soaps and lotions.  The only problem I had was when someone wanted Scent Y instead of Scent X which was created for the item..... Inventory would only subtract for the scent X in that bundle.  During testing of bundles I saw aome users suggesting this for Coffee sales, 1 Cup, 1 Lid, 2 pks sugar 1oz Cream for example.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 5