x

How can I set up a recurring fixed charge?

We are a nonprofit new to Square. We will be using in coat check operation. There is only one item cost of $2. Each transaction will be $2. Is it possible to set up a recurring default transaction so that nothing needs to be entered manually for each transaction? Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hi  - if you are ringing out donations or other things you could consider adding it as a service fee - https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7625-get-started-with-service-charges - I know a lot of businesses have added service fees to each transaction to cover employee benefits, supply-side increases, etc due to Covid. Then the service charge is added to each transaction.

You can also set up subscriptions which we do for our memberships but it is more labor intensive if the coat check would be per event or without another purchase? I'm not sure that I know how to make one singular default transaction just inside of the checkout app or register/terminal.

Deanna [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 2 of 3

Thanks for your suggestion. As I got more familiar with the App I realized that setting a favorite would work as well.

Message 3 of 3