x

How do I order a free reader?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Free Raider??

Hello there in good day, I just finished signing up for new account. And it was stating that I would get a free reader, but after I finish registering the account it takes me to where their for sale?? Can somebody help me with this?

Message 1 of 134
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Rina! Welcome to Square 😊 Please try the following steps:

1. Click Free Reader Request.
  2.  Select "Send me a reader" 
  3. Select Connectivity.
  4.  Complete checkout process.

If that doesn't work, please let me know!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 134
133 REPLIES 133
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Ant1 and welcome to the Community.

The Seller Community is intended for seller to seller conversation and we do not send readers from here.

Only your very first reader is free and I've moved your post to a thread on how to order one yourself or get one in stores.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 64 of 134

What is the contact number for square

Message 65 of 134
Super Seller

Hello @MKJAH 

Follow the link in my signature to get to the phone number.

-Choose your location

-Choose the "More" option

-Choose "I don't see my issue"

If your account has phone support enabled, you'll see a Call Us link. Click on that and you'll get the number and your customer number.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 66 of 134

Hi there, @MKKAH 👋 The best way to reach out to our Support Team is here! We look forward to hearing from you!

Joe
Message 67 of 134

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I get a free card reader?

Square for android use is supposed to be free to get your square the first time. I am being charged  over $10.

Message 68 of 134
Alumni

Hi there @Nana2 - welcome to the Square family and the Seller Community!

Sounds like something isn't quite right there - your very first magstripe reader should be free. Try following the steps posted by Isabelle in this thread and if you are still having difficulties, please contact us so we can straighten things out with you!

Valentina
Message 69 of 134

I just signed up today using the square.com/go/free link and I’m still being charged for a reader. Am I missing something?

Message 70 of 134
Alumni

​​​​​Hi @JazzyM 👋 welcome to the Square family!

Your first magstripe reader should be free - something is off here. Try following the steps posted by Isabelle in this thread and please contact us if you're still not able to order your reader for free.

Valentina
Message 71 of 134

Hi Valentina, I went to Isabella’s post and I followed her link. It’s the  same process I went through & it’s still asking for my cc and the charge is $10.95 with free shipping

Message 72 of 134
Alumni

@JazzyM, since you are still being charged at checkout, please send us an email or call us during business hours so that we can help.

If you'd like to start using your Square Reader to take payments sooner rather than later, you can grab one in-store. There will be a redemption code inside that you can use for us to credit your account for the purchase.

Valentina
Message 73 of 134

I signed up on the square app and I supposed to get the magstripe reader for free.. So what's going on with that.. 

Message 74 of 134
Admin

Hey @Zoco_as!

Welcome to Square 😊 I went ahead and moved your post over here where other sellers had the same question/concern as you.

Please take a look at the Best Answer steps. If that doesn't work, please feel free to contact us.

Message 75 of 134

I need  a small mag strip Reader free please

Message 76 of 134

Hi there, @lavator7864! Thanks for taking the time to ask your question here.

I've gone ahead and merged your thread with a post of Sellers also asking similar questions. You should be able to find steps for a free reader here.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Joe
Message 77 of 134

Where do I purshase my white square

Message 78 of 134

Free?

Message 79 of 134

I just signed up with square last night and am wondering how I get my free card reader.  Do they send one automatically?  I never saw a confirmation that I would actually be receiving one so I’m wondering if I need to purchase it.

Message 80 of 134

At the beginning of setting up my new account it said I would get a free reader. Now $10

Message 81 of 134

Hello,

I tried to order the free reader but i don't see $10 credit when i click check out. Can someone help please?

Message 82 of 134

Hi @Mido - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! 

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding ordering a free Reader.

All new users are given the chance to order a free Magstripe Reader during the activation process.

When you have a chance, please try ordering this way:

Visit this page > "Send me a reader" > Select Connectivity > complete checkout process.

Let us know if that gets you where you need to be!

Joe
Message 83 of 134

Hi @Joe 

I followed your steps and in the checkout i was asked to put my credit card info to pay the $10 for the reader.

I am located in Canada, is it only free in the US?

Thank you.

Message 84 of 134