x

Just bought a business, can I use their terminal with my new Square account?

I just purchased business that uses a square terminal loaded with all product I will be selling. I have a new Square account and bank account, can I assign that terminal to my account and use it?  Also, wondering if I can use a new square register I bought.
Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@TennisStation ;

Welcome to Square! 

You should be able to use the Terminal and the Square Register you just bought.  Just make sure in settings that you are signed into YOUR account for each Device.  The same information you used to sign up with Square.  When I bought the business I run I used their Square system but signed into my Account for CC processing etc.  until the Square devices I ordered came to the store.  I ordered new devices because the previous owner was using an Android Tablet to process transactions and I updated to a Square Stand.

I would factory Reset the terminal, here is how:

square-terminal-troubleshooting 

Then set it up for your account, and here is how to do that:

set-up-square-terminal 

Then do the same for your new register.

To Factory Reset if it was used:

square-register-troubleshooting 

Setting up your new Register

Register-help-content-setup 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

@TennisStation ;

Welcome to Square! 

You should be able to use the Terminal and the Square Register you just bought.  Just make sure in settings that you are signed into YOUR account for each Device.  The same information you used to sign up with Square.  When I bought the business I run I used their Square system but signed into my Account for CC processing etc.  until the Square devices I ordered came to the store.  I ordered new devices because the previous owner was using an Android Tablet to process transactions and I updated to a Square Stand.

I would factory Reset the terminal, here is how:

square-terminal-troubleshooting 

Then set it up for your account, and here is how to do that:

set-up-square-terminal 

Then do the same for your new register.

To Factory Reset if it was used:

square-register-troubleshooting 

Setting up your new Register

Register-help-content-setup 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 3

WOW...your my hero!   Can't thank you enough!!!!!! 

Message 3 of 3