x

Square Retail App Questions: Is there an option for services and retail?

I own a small salon. We sell services and retail. I currently have Square POS and I would really like to be able to track inventory, import inventory updates easily, print barcode labels and track employee sales without have to log into separate accounts/devices. Is there an app I can use as a supplement to my current POS system that will enable me to do ALL of these things?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Admin

Hello @honeysalonec!

The Square for Retail app does have advanced inventory features, and you can also print barcode labels but it is a still separate app so you would need to sign in to that app process retail sales/manage inventory. 

Do you use Appointments with Square? With that app you can to book services for your clients, sell retail items, track inventory, and manage employee sales too. (You can't print barcode labels!) 

Keep in mind the Appointments app is only available on iOS devices at this time but it sounds like that it what you're looking for? Let me know if you have any other quesitons! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 20
Beta Member

Will the appointments app be offered on Square for retail? I really need Square for retail but I need it to offer the appointments app on there as well. I do retail and services so I need both. I really hope that's being offered soon!

Message 3 of 20
Admin

Thanks for your post @Lyons! I'll share this request with the relevant product teams. As soon as we have any updates we'll post in this thread to let you know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 20

I have this exact same issue! Hopefully, knowing that there are other salon owners who feel the same will prompt an update 😉 

Message 5 of 20

I second this. I have an extensive retail store with grooming services. It is crucial that the appointments can integrate with the Retail app, and that we can access it on the register! Please try to implement this as it would make our lives MUCH easier! 

Message 6 of 20

i have this same question but i am assuming by your lack of any further comments that either this issue has not been resolved or will not be resolved to the best of your knowledge. 

please correct me if i am wrong. 

thank you

Message 7 of 20

Hello @losematthew, welcome to the Seller Community! 🎉

Currently Square for Retail and Square Appointments are separate apps and the features do not overlap. We're still tracking feedback for adding some of the Retail apps features to Square Appointments on this thread.

Right now we don't have a timeline on when these features might be added. If there are any updates we will post them here! 🙂

Message 8 of 20

We are trying to add services to the cart in the Square for retail app.  However, we can't find them like we do in the regular square app.  How can I find them in the retail app?

Message 9 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hey @dbarnum!

I found an existing thread with the same question so I merged your post here for the details.

Square for Retail is only for goods and not services but it looks like it's a feature request to offer services as well. For services you would need Square Appointments. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 20

Hi 

In the square for retail plus version can we have products and services in the inventory menu.  I don't need the appointments version.  I book appointments with a different app.

Message 11 of 20

Services aren't available in Square for Retail, @Law1, however all your items and products will be available. Can you let us know a bit more about how you're booking appointments? 

Message 12 of 20

We use the setmore free app for booking. We are by appointment only and we don’t like to share a booking link with the public because we prefer to book the client.  

We currently use the free point of sale and have products and services listed in the items.  When we ring up their appointment the services and products are all right there in the items list.  

We are needing something that gives better inventory tracking and reporting. So as long as we can still have our services and products all together in the items list I feel we could upgrade to the square for Retail Plus. 

Is square for Retail Plus a new system with square?  

Message 13 of 20

Thank you for providing this additional information, @Law1. Services are not available on Square for Retail Free or Plus at the moment. For now, you'd have to switch between the two apps. I'd be happy to pass this feedback onto our team for consideration. 

Message 14 of 20

Is there any updated info on this, I am a salon Boutique and I really really need these to be together! Having them separate really is not easy to manage, and it would be a HUGE improvement to have the same inventory capabilities with the appointments!

Message 15 of 20
Beta Member

I have a retail supply and grooming company.  I am using both appointments and retail.  We really need services available on retail.  Not all of my services are by appointment, many are walk-ins.  It would be great to be able to choose a service, assign it to an employee, and check them out with products.

Message 16 of 20

Thank you for adding your use case and feedback to this feature request, @dnw. We'll continue to highlight how popular this suggestion is to our team! 

Message 17 of 20
Beta Member

I actually was able to resolve this issue by just creating these walk in services but they are not available to book online.  We just choose this service at checkout, choose the employee and square pulls everything in correctly.  

Message 18 of 20

I have a been with square for years. Now adding a boutique to my salon and this could be a deal breaker. I’ll be looking into software that would benefit both. 

Message 19 of 20
Beta Member

I run a grooming salon and sell products I use square appointments and service items for the grooming and inventory for retail items.  

Message 20 of 20