x

messages vs text marketing

Switching from Vagaro to Square for salon booking and I would like to eliminate my google number. Square gave me a number to send sms messages through. Can I utilize this for a text to multiple (200) clients to announce my new system? I only see individual text options. I don't want a new messaging system through square AND a marketing campaign AND have to keep my google number. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @kateerin

Welcome to the Seller Community! Square Marketing allows you to send multiple texts for promotional purposes. Please consider reviewing the associated costs, specifically the "Number of Texts Per Month" cost, as outlined in our Square Text Message Marketing FAQ. This will provide more insight into the pricing structure for sending text blasts. 

Please let us know if this was helpful or if you are looking for something else. We'd be happy to continue assisting you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi @sayra I'm confused about the number of text pricing schedule in the FAQ. If I have 400 eligible numbers to text in my contacts, and I send 1 text a month to 400 contacts, am I being charged for the single text I send or the 400 texts that are received by each contact individually?

I read the table below as indicating that I'm sending 1 text to 400 contacts, so I would be charged based on the 1-250 cost structure tier. But I have a suspicion it means I'm sending 400 single texts at 1 time. Which would put me in the 251-500 tier.

I see this table in the FAQs

Number of Texts Per MonthCost Per Month
0$10 + Monthly subscription fee
1 - 250$20 + monthly subscription fee
251 - 500$25 + monthly subscription fee
501 - 1000$35 + monthly subscription fee
Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Typically you wouldn't use the number you do text marketing with as your main phone number. 

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 4 of 4