x

Can't figure out how to export Cash Drawer Report for the month

I've been driving myself nuts trying to reconsile the square daily report with bank deposits, and figured out a couple things I could really use some help with if anyone knows a solution.

1) I can't export the cash drawer report for the month - at least I could use that report to correct the cash deposit amount being entered from expected to actual which would save me a huge amount of time.

2) On the sales report, the actual amount of the credit card deposits aren't netted out (credit card charge, less square fee) so that amount also doesn't match. 

This means to create a daily deposit entry in my bookkeeping system (Quickbooks Pro) I have to access Sales/Reports/Sales Summary each day for discounts, refunds and tips; then Sales/Reports/Item Sales for individual category sales; then Sales/Cash Drawers, for each day to get paid outs, actual cash deposit, and over/short, then Sales/Deposit for the net deposited credit card sale. 

It's a lot of hunt and pecking for what I would think would be a report every bookkeeper would be wanting. 

Yes I've tried Quickbooks Sync. It imported each sale as an individual invoice, making corrections near impossible. There was no function for summary import only, or total category sales, or anything that made it easier. And of course, theres nothing imported for the cash drawer, so it's a real mess.

Does anyone have a better plan or idea out there? 

Message 1 of 38
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @RondaLove welcome to the Seller Community! 🎉 This is a great question and I would be happy to provide clarification! 

Currently you will not be able to export the Cash Drawer report from the Square Dashboard. We will pass this feedback along to the product team. I see how this could be helpful for correlating reports. 

To answer your second question we do have a sales report that displays the net total of card sales. You can access this report from the Square Dashboard.

1. From the Dashboard select Sales.
  2. Under this sub-tab select Payment Methods.
  3. This will populate all of the net card transactions for the month.
  4. You can have a summary CSV of this report by clicking export in the top right.

If you are having trouble with Intuit QuickBooks and Square, I would recomend contacting their support team. Currently Intuit does not offer sales summaries, but it is something that is on their roadmap. 

If you have any other questions please let me know! 😀

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @RondaLove welcome to the Seller Community! 🎉 This is a great question and I would be happy to provide clarification! 

Currently you will not be able to export the Cash Drawer report from the Square Dashboard. We will pass this feedback along to the product team. I see how this could be helpful for correlating reports. 

To answer your second question we do have a sales report that displays the net total of card sales. You can access this report from the Square Dashboard.

1. From the Dashboard select Sales.
  2. Under this sub-tab select Payment Methods.
  3. This will populate all of the net card transactions for the month.
  4. You can have a summary CSV of this report by clicking export in the top right.

If you are having trouble with Intuit QuickBooks and Square, I would recomend contacting their support team. Currently Intuit does not offer sales summaries, but it is something that is on their roadmap. 

If you have any other questions please let me know! 😀

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 38

Thank you for replying Chad. I've set up with CommerceSync which does allow for summaries. They don't do the cash drawer and over and short though, so being able to print that out would still be incredibly helpful.

Message 3 of 38

I have also been trying to figure out how to download the cash drawer report.  It would be a really great feature to have to try to figure out if/where the issues are.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 38

Its been well over a year since this request. It is extremely important for businesses that do a lot of cash sales to be able to export this in a report. There is exports for pretty much everything else, why not this?

Message 5 of 38

I have been manually typing out these cash-out values into a spreadsheet so I can finish my accounting for years.  Why is this so hard to export!?!  It's a f'n table, please include export functionality.  

Message 6 of 38

This answer is over 3 years old...but I still can't export a simple cash drawer report?  Square?

Message 7 of 38

I'm about to embark on my annual journey to record small payout transactions from our cash drawer...it would be so much easier if Square had acted on this request (which has been on other threads for over 4 years).  I just want to export an existing report...is it really that crazy of a request?

Message 8 of 38

Please provide an update on if / when Square plans to provide this functionality.  It's becoming a deal-breaker for me.  

Message 9 of 38

This is been a request for at least four years.   Why can't we export the Cash Drawer Reports for a period into an csv or excel sheet?  

Message 10 of 38
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @TectonicComics - thanks for reaching out again to us here on the Seller Community. Happy to hear from you again!

You are correct, here. Exporting Cash Drawer reports is still considered a Feature Request for us. I've gone ahead and merged your post into the existing thread regarding this Feature Request, and we recommend this Best Answer from Chad in regards to workarounds. 

While we don't have an accurate and shareable timeline for this feature just yet, the merging of your post will help us notify everyone when we have info to share. Thanks for hanging in here and for your patience! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 38

Can you provide a way to copy and paste?  I just get a mess...can't even save as a pdf.

Message 12 of 38

Do we have an update on this issue? We are trying to close out 2020 for taxes. 

Message 13 of 38

I also would love a way to export the cash drawer report. *any* report I generate should be downloadable. with no way to download this report I have no means of accessing my paid in and paid out amounts, nor the notes accompanying them without doing a tedious day-by-day review and totaling associated amounts. 

Message 14 of 38
Beta Member

I recently (June) migrated our legacy POS (14 years) to Square and the inability to produce sales/drawer summary was greatly missed. I have recently completed coding of a small web app that uses the Square APIs to generate the desired reporting (actually creates a Quickbook import file as well). I have now been able to settle my QB for the past 4 months with little issue. I am still finding a few anomalies but nothing major so far. It would be great if Square would provide a report/export that has this needed summary.

Message 15 of 38
Admin

@vhovar

Thanks- as in the other post today, happy to pass this to our Development team. 

kellyj
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 16 of 38

Is square dev team working on this?

Message 17 of 38

Any progress on this request?

Message 18 of 38

I would also like an update on this.  I don't understand how such a simple report is not available.

Message 19 of 38
Square Community Moderator

Hey @scootsch @Coolhand213 and @oct1038 I appreciate you all reaching out and asking for an update. I know this feature request has been open for a long time and it makes sense how and why this feature would be beneficial to your business'. I hear your frustration in the time this has taken and want to add sympathies to the frustration you are experiencing, but at this time, I do not have any updates for the ability to export cash drawer reports. You are always able to email and print the cash drawer reports, but I know that this does not take away from time entering these reports into a CSV file should that be the end goal.

Thanks for your time!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 20 of 38

All reports and data regarding business operations should be accessible as a csv or excel export.  As a manager of a coin-operated laundromat - I need to be able to manipulate data for various purposes outside of Square's current functionality (like refinancing, business loans, determining viability of continued service to specific customers, etc). 

Currently, I'm preparing a cost analysis report for 2019-2020 and I need a copy of all Pay Outs from our cash drawer reports for those years to verify our total costs in processing each corporate account's Wash Dry Fold orders (so I can compare our costs with our income). 

We use our own cash to complete the washing/drying (as we have coin operated machines) - so our staff notates any cash Pay Outs with the name of the client, what type of machine was used and the cost of the wash or dry for that order.  

Since I can only access Pay Outs from the Cash Drawer report page - I'm finding I have email copies of each and every day's drawer to myself to then copy and paste into a document and then reformat in excel for me to complete my analysis with formulas.   

As you can imagine, this is a time consuming and laboriously detailed process.  I believe all data accumulated from a business should be accessible to the owners/managers to export to manipulate as needed to grow said business.  

Thank you for your consideration!  I look forward to seeing what new additions y'all make to Square in the coming months.  

Message 21 of 38