x

Need to be able to double book in square appointments

Hello!

I own an ice cream business. We have several ice cream trucks that we serve out of for private events such as weddings, corporate events, etc. I can be booked at several different locations at the exact same time since we have multiple trucks. 

I cannot figure out how to allow my square appointments app to allow multiple customers to book at the exact same time on the exact same day as someone else. 

I know you can add the processing time feature in the service item, but the minimum amount of processing time I am able to select is 5 minutes. Therefore, if someone already booked one of my trucks at 1:00pm, the next person will have to select 1:05pm to book with me. This does not make sense and would confuse our customers. 

I think I could technically add a second staff member, but that is also confusing and not efficient. Plus this would make our calendar a mess. 

Please let me know how I can fix this. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

Hi @JBsBarnyard , I think creating additional staff members for each truck is the only way to intuitively achieve this. Why do you think adding additional staff members is confusing and inefficient?

Another possible solution is to record their booking using a separate method and then delete their booking to free up that spot again. But this is only good if you only use Square Appointments to allow customers to book and don't need to keep track or communicate with automated responses.

Message 2 of 2