x

Shipping for Square Invoices

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "THERE IS NO SHIPPING Service FOR INVOICES"

Please do not waste your time with all the Shipping Nonsense ,     This is only for On LINE STORES .

If you send an invoice out to your client and they pay, there is no way to ship , 

There is no work around,     There is no direct answer from Square ,  Its is for NULL AN VOID.

I have spent countless hours, please do not waste your time

The PLUS program also is not going to help you with the Shipping . 

Please do not waste your money on that. 

So you cannot use any Shipping Service such as Shippo .

You cannot mark  your invoice as shipped .      

This has been very Frustrating for many as well as the hoops we have been asked to try.   

Message 1 of 240
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @phantomrain @LizS1 @DLRosenberg Appreciate all the insights. We have recently launched invoices x shipping. The option to create an Order for shipping is now an option when you are creating an Invoice. You can still request a buyer's shipping address like before. Once an invoice is paid, you can purchase a shipping label through Square, or add a manual tracking number. Check out https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/8080-set-up-shipping-for-square-invoices?utm_medium=web&utm_... to learn more! Thanks so much.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 240
239 REPLIES 239
Square

@LLRJackie Ah! Sorry if I missed that but thank you for taking the time to clarify! 😀  I'll definitely include that with your request to our Product Liaison team.

Message 148 of 240

I too would like the option of including the customers address on the invoice. While we don't ship, we do have a delivery service and our printed out invoices are a key part of the distribution method. A shipping address on each invoice would definitely help with this. Thank you and please keep us updated.

Message 149 of 240

Yes, definitely something that is needed. I offer percentage discounts, which means that the discount is taken off shipping as well (when it's an item).

Message 150 of 240

Add my vote, really need this feature.  Thanks!

Message 151 of 240

The problem with adding a line item for shipping tho, is we get charged that 3% fee against those shipping charges also, which is ridiculous.. You need to add a shipping sections that is free from the transaction charges.

Message 152 of 240
Square

One point of clarification here; Square's processing fee is applied to the entire sale, regardless. Taxes, tips, items - any amount processed through us is will have the processing fee. Having the shipping as it's own item will still allow to separate your shipping costs in your reporting, which will come in handy for tax season and reporting your expenses. 

Message 153 of 240

How do I add shipping to a square invoice without it charging tax on the shipping. Why is there not a space for shipping????

Message 154 of 240

You should be able to add an item with your shipping cost and then turn off the tax.

Message 155 of 240

When I place an online order with someone in their online store I always know what the shipping charge will be.

I ship my items all over the US and there is a different charge for each location. How do have the appropriate shipping charge included when someone places an order with me?

Message 156 of 240

The only way to do this would be to know where the item will be going.  If you are invoicing them its easy to add it during invoice creation.  If you using the POS you will have to create an item for shipping and leave the cost at $0.00 in order to manually add it at the time of purchase.  This will also require you to have a computer so you can look up the shipping estimate.

Other than that you can create flat rate shipping fees and have set amounts.  USPS flat rate service makes this easy although its not as exact as individual shipping.

Message 157 of 240

It is obvious that Square's business model does not include supporting invoices for shippers.  They probably are targeting businesses like service providers who have trouble getting paid otherwise.  So if you are a dog walker, you can send the dog's owner an invoice for payment.  Want to ship that dog owner a custom made dog collar and leash?  Too bad.

This thread has been open for quite some time and the issue has not been addressed yet (and its not that difficult of a request to implement) so they obviously have no intention of instituting this option.  It took me one invoice to figure out that Square wasn't for me because of this problem.  You got my $4, Square, but thats it.  And you have now lost mine (and my wife's) future POS business because of it.  Good luck to the rest of you.

Message 158 of 240
Square

Hi @hikebikemike. First of all, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback - I really appreciate your time! This has definitely been a popular feature request on the Seller Community. In fact, I've personally chatted with the Product Manager for our Invoices product about it. While I can't speak to any sort of timeframe for development of this feature (or any other feature), this request has definitely not been ignored. It's something that's definitely on our radar. I totally understand that you need to do what is best for your business. Thanks again for sharing. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 159 of 240

Most of these posts seem to be focusing on the tax implications, but the setting to not charge tax on a line item seems like a reasonable work-around. The really annoying thing for me is that it screws up my sales inventory reports. When I want to look at sales analytics of what products are selling the most over time, the "shipping" line item always comes out on top and is included in the total number of products sold. 

Message 160 of 240
Square Community Moderator

@Weezie Thanks for the feedback here. 

While you're not able to collect shipping information directly through an invoice, the best workaround that sellers have been using is to instruct your customers to provide the additional information to you within your personal message. 

This is a popular feature request, so hopefully it gains momentum and our Product Team can implement a solution soon. 

We'll update everyone if/when this happens. 

Message 161 of 240

I use Square for its ease at Vendor events, but when I need to ship something I use Paypal since they are set up for s/h easily.  As soon as Square gets this worked out, it will be great!

Message 162 of 240

Hi,

A lot of people like myself who are using Square invoicing as another POS method would love to have "paid invoices" to automatically import to shipping platform such as Stamps.com or Shipstation. That means customers will have to input their shipping address when paying for their invoices. After that, all those info get imported to shipping platform to eliminate any manual entry for shipping addresses. 

If Square can make this happen, it will be the most decorated and perfect credit card processing platform for both POS and invoicing out there. Paypal can currently offer this functionality but their reporting is a disaster. Please relay this message to product developement. 

Message 163 of 240
Square

@lularoeainster While we don't have that feature yet, we've heard that request before and will absolutely share out your feedback with our team! Thanks for taking the time to post! 

Message 164 of 240

Please have an area for customer to enter shipping address... I am really contemplating issuing invoices through PayPal because this is a nuisance to ask the customer for their shipping addresses all the time.

Message 165 of 240

I charge shipping on items, but if I make it a line items as is suggested, when I apply a discount to the purchase as a whole (15% off entire purchase) - I don't want that to include shipping.  How can I work around that?

Message 166 of 240

I agree! When I put shipping as a line item and then add a discount, it also takes the discount off the shipping. This should not happen 😞 very frustrating

Message 167 of 240
Admin

Hey @suziequep and @BCVal, thanks for bringing this up.

Currently, any discount that you add to an invoice will be applied to the entire sale — item level discounts can't be added at this time. I can see how this is not ideal, especially if you're using an item to cover shipping costs. Rest assured that I'll point this out with our product liaison team, who tracks requests and makes improvements. Please keep in touch for updates and let us know if anything else comes up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 168 of 240