x

Loans pay off early

The customer service from square sucks.  I have called. Then they put through to someone else and no one answers the question.

Can I pay off my loan early ?    Has anyone paid off the loan early?  HOw do you pay off the loan early. ?  

I have emailed square about this.   Spoker over the phone to..  not good customer service. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hey @Acorley588.  First, did you call the Loan Department directly using one of the contact avenues in this help document?  I’m surprised that you weren’t sent there to begin with, but things happen, I guess.

I’ve paid off one early.  It’s as easy as going to your loan page on your online dashboard, selecting your current loan and then clicking the blue “make a payment” button at the top.  You are always welcome to make extra payments in addition to your automated payments that happen every time you process a card transaction.

Keep in mind a few things.  Extra payments can take 7-10 business days (I believe) to fully process and be posted to your account.  Paying off a loan early does not mean that you will get a new loan offer.  If you do, it will not be until after your extra payments have fully processed, and any existing loan offers will be withdrawn temporarily.  Also, since Square does not charge interest but rather a loan fee, there are no financial benefits to paying it off early.  None of that loan fee will be refunded, as is that case for most all card processors who offer loans.  The fee is the fee.

I hope all of that helps.  If you need to know anything else, don’t hesitate to post here.  I’ll see it.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 3

Yes I did.  Square sucks. 

Thank you for help. 

Message 3 of 3