x

Email collection...customizing the form to include birthday?

Is the only way to get birthday information into my Customer Directory through the marketing automation? I am not seeing a way to add it to the information collection forms for putting on my website. 

Is the only way to create my own hosted form and hook up to Square via Zapier or similar? I want to start a "Birthday Club" where subscribers get a coupon on their birthday but not seeing how to collect birthday outside of the automation (which will ask for birthday *after* signup). 

Also, are customers able to edit their birthday--like, change their birthday every week to keep getting coupons all year long? 

Thanks!

Bonnie

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi Bonnie, thanks for your post. 

It sounds like Square Marketing would be the best fit here. 

When you’re collecting your customers’ birthdays, you can activate your “Birthday Offer” campaign to start sending automatic birthday emails with rewards.

Customers will not be able to edit their birthdays. 

You can learn more about automated birthday campaigns here.

Let me know if you think this option might work @swankyscoop

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hi Bonnie, thanks for your post. 

It sounds like Square Marketing would be the best fit here. 

When you’re collecting your customers’ birthdays, you can activate your “Birthday Offer” campaign to start sending automatic birthday emails with rewards.

Customers will not be able to edit their birthdays. 

You can learn more about automated birthday campaigns here.

Let me know if you think this option might work @swankyscoop

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 4

Not sure how this got marked as a best answer, since it didn't answer my question:

How can I collect birthdays through a form NOT through the automation. 

I think I have (painfully) found my own answer, which involved making a form hosted on my wordpress site and creating a custom ZAP to enter the data into Square.

Wish there were more options to customize the data collection forms withing Square!

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@swankyscoop thank you for your feedback. The Best Answer above addresses the current options available with Square.

Feel free to also share your suggestions in our Ideate Room here.

Our Product Team keeps an eye on this forum as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this.

Message 4 of 4