x
Beta Member

Create a Sale without a coupon code across a category

When running a big sale on our website, it would be great if we could create a discount on a specific category (without the use of a code).  So say "This week, 10% off sweaters and 20% off jewelry" Being limited to either editing each item to display a sale price, or being stuck at offering only 1 percentage off with a coupon code is very limiting.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @southerne

Welcome back to the Community! 

You do have the option to create a specific discount on a specific through your Online Store. 

Go to Items > Coupon > Add a Coupon > Discount Details (where you will select Specific Item, then select the item you would like to discount)

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Well, that still doesn’t get me 2 different % off. Especially since customers can only use one coupon code at a time. I can’t do 10% off one item, and then 20% off another during the same transaction Online. 

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

I definitely see what you're looking for. I agree, an automatic discount feature that can be set to specific categories would be a time saver when running a flash sale. 

We understand the Coupon options are kind of dull right now. Our Ecom Product Team pushed out a ton of updates for the Online Store in response to Covid, so I'm sure Coupons are in the pipeline soon. 

For now, I'm sharing your ideas with them for visibility. We'll let you know when something comes up! 

@southerne

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4