x
Admin

Now Recruiting: Create Preorders by testing Custom Pickup & Delivery Timing

You’ve asked for it - a way to create Pre-orders on your online store and manage pickup and delivery in a way that supports your business. 

Square Beta is now testing Custom Pickup & Delivery Timing. 

What

This new feature now allows you to accept orders without providing your customers a dedicated pickup or delivery time -- giving you control of how you fulfill online orders.

Current limitations in this test allow your entire item library to be sold without Fulfillment ETA. This means that in order to have specialized items for pre-order or without a set date, you will need to make a secondary location for your orders if you allow for pickup/delivery on scheduled or ASAP items as well.

We are working towards item level fulfillment options in the future.

If you would like to test the current functionality of Custom Pickup & Delivery Timing, we have few steps to enroll:

1. Reply to this thread that you are interested.
  2. Please take a second to join our Square Online Group in the Beta Community. Getting involved is as easy as requesting to join and singing the NDA embedded in your request to join.
  3. Use the support materials to set up your store for Fulfillment without ETA.
  4. Test and provide Feedback. Part of launching successful products for Square Online is making sure we have properly tested the feature and provided feedback for needed and wanted changes to the team. This includes bugs that you may find during the test.

Fine print:

• If you are currently using On-Demand Delivery, you will not be eligible to test this feature. On demand delivery requires that Square sends a pick-up notification to your courier, as we are not able to work around this, it will not work in tandem with services like Postmates and Doordash.
  • Again, setting orders without a fulfillment time is location-specific

Happy testing and see you in the Beta Community! 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 100
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

If you have been accepted into the Beta Community and are looking for your support materials for this test, please take a look .

kellyj
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 40 of 100
Admin

Best Answer

Hey all! Actually this option is live in your account for all users now! @mrkbingham @hotboxfusionbbq @StarCider 

Get Started

To begin testing you’ll need to first adjust your pickup & delivery settings within Store Admin:

1. Click Fulfillment > Pickup & Delivery
  2. Click Edit location > Edit Order timing settings 
  3. Under Pickup & delivery times, toggle OFF the fulfillment methods you wish to restrict order fulfillment times
  4. Add a Short Message to let your customers know when they can expect to get orders with no dedicated fulfillment time
  5. Click Save 

Managing New Orders on Square Point of Sale

1. Head to the Orders tab in Square Point of Sale
  2. Select an order > Assign a pickup/delivery time
  3. Select Done > Customer is notified of assigned pickup/delivery time.  

Limitations

• Currently, setting orders without a fulfillment time is location-specific and will affect all items within your item library. This means that in order to have specialized items available for pre-order, you will need to create a secondary location for those orders. After creating a new location, you can then designate your "pre-order items" to be available for that location only.

• If you are currently using On-Demand Delivery, you will not be eligible this feature. On demand delivery requires that Square sends a pick-up notification to your courier, as we are not able to work around this, it will not work in tandem with services like Postmates and Doordash.

Let us know if you have any questions.

kellyj
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 79 of 100
99 REPLIES 99
Beta Member

Interested as long as it won't have my orders go missing since it's still in testing.  We need this feature asap. 

Message 2 of 100
Admin

@EarthMarket 
This is a really great thing to bring up. When we launch to Beta it means that we have done the back end and alpha testing to say it's a stable enough product to release to a broader audience.

From time to time we do find bugs, but usually these are not bugs that should keep you from getting your orders, it's more annoyance based when we have them. Like "is the ticket printing time what you would expect, or is this formatted correctly.

We're also happy to remove you from a test immediately if there is something that does not work well for you. Let me know, happy to include you so we can get you set up. 

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 3 of 100
Beta Member

Yes please include me. 

Message 4 of 100

Hello, yes I am interested 

Message 5 of 100
Admin

@AbioyeA Please make sure you have joined our Beta Community to be able to access the test: Square Online Group in the Beta Community

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 6 of 100
Beta Member

Please include me in the beta testing for preorder without a pickup or delivery date.  I need this ASAP!!

Thank you!

Message 7 of 100
Super Seller Alumni

Interested

Message 8 of 100
Super Seller Alumni

Count me in Kelly

Jeramy A Anderson
Message 9 of 100
Beta Member

Yes very interested in the Pre-Order Feature... will implement ASAA ( As Soon As Approved) ! LOL

Message 10 of 100
Admin

@Travelingbags You're enabled. Follow the link to the group for set up instructions.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 11 of 100
Super Seller

I would like to join.   I'm looking for a way to pre-sell items I know are coming in but don't have yet to fulfill an instant order. 

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 12 of 100
Admin

@Doran 
You are enabled. Make sure you go to the beta group posted in the op to get the set up instructions.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 13 of 100
Beta Member

Very interested in trying this feature. Thanks so much!

Message 14 of 100
Beta Member

yes please I would like to join this may just help my current problem

Message 15 of 100
Beta Member

I am interested!

Message 16 of 100
Admin

@Les-HCA Please make sure you have joined the beta group in order to access the support materials. 

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 17 of 100

I am interested.

Message 18 of 100
Admin

@courtneyam

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 19 of 100
Beta Member

Yes, very interested in being part of the Beta. We've been waiting for this feature and are very excited to try it out!

Message 20 of 100
Admin

@Cheesetique 
Great, you are enabled. Please let us know if you have any questions in the group.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 21 of 100