x
Beta Member

NEW! Square Online: Separate Pickup & Delivery settings

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Online Store Feature Request: Separate Pickup & Delivery settings

Is there any way to select different days and times for delivery separately from pickup? For instance I want customers to be able to arrange for pickup every day, but for delivery I only have someone on staff to do deliveries 2 days a week right now.

Message 1 of 102
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @barkshopbakery and others!

I've got another update on this feature. 

Pickup and Delivery hours have officially been separated:

Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 3.15.14 PM.png

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 61 of 102
101 REPLIES 101
Alumni

It's not possible to save card payment info starting an open tab unfortunately. Read up on the work around provided in the best answer on this thread I moved you to. 

@Hideawaysc

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 85 of 102
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MeatsnFoods,

I moved your post to an existing thread where @isabelle announced that they can be separated now!

She provided a screenshot of the change as well for reference. 

Let me know if you have other questions about it!

Ashley C
Message 86 of 102
Beta Member

@ashc I'm not seeing that thread, can you link?

Message 87 of 102
Alumni

Oop! Sorry 'bout that @MeatsnFoodsFound it for you! 

Justin
Message 88 of 102
Beta Member

That's not an answer to my question... I'm saying that there's no way to exclude certain items from delivery eligibility; it's either pickup & delivery or nothing. We have some items that are fine for both but some that are only available for pickup. Is there a way to differentiate?

Message 89 of 102
Admin

Hey @MeatsnFoods

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the confusion. At this time, there isn't a way to set an item as available for pickup, and not delivery, or vise versa:

The ability to separate the two is currently a feature request that we've escalated to our Product Team. If this feature is developed or created, I'll make sure to post an update in this thread. Thanks for your time.  

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 90 of 102

I would also like this feature so I can turn Delivery OFF for FOOD and ON for BEER, but offer both in the same storefront.

Message 91 of 102

I would also like to offer Food Delivery via Postmates ONLY

Message 92 of 102
Beta Member

I would like on demand delivery for our company drivers. I like to schedule my deliveries, currently have a link to square appointments, but customers seem to not see the link. Even created a pop up for it, SMH

Message 93 of 102
Beta Member

We sell cans of varying sizes all the way to kegs of beer... I’d like to offer the Postmates delivery, but I would hate to make them deliver a 155lb keg... any way we can offer that product on the website for pick-up only while still offering the other products for delivery? Thanks! Cheers!

Message 94 of 102
Admin

Hi @Shbc! Unfortunately there's not a way to separate pickup and delivery when ti comes to item fulfillment. I moved your post here so that if we get any updates, we'll share them on this thread.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 95 of 102

We just started an Online store and are doing pre orders for both pick and delivery, but some items are only available for pick up and not delivery, is there anyway to set that?  It looks like delivery/pickup is a combined option, but can’t choose one or the other.  

Message 96 of 102

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: taxes not charged

Now I have a newer bigger issue.  Any orders placed say only store pickup even know delivery is off.  We don't have a physical store, we only do delivery.  If I turn off "pickups",  it says "items not available for pickup in store" and won't allow the customer to try and have it delivered.

Message 97 of 102

We can't take orders now.  I want someone to get ahold of me asap please or I am moving onto a different online system.  Support is null

Message 98 of 102
Alumni

Sorry to hear your trouble @Fresh_Fetch.

Here on the Seller Community, our turnaround time is 48 hrs to get to your post. If you need to speak to an advocate for immediate help, reach out to our CS Team by phone during normal biz hours. 

Looking at your site, I'm able to proceed through checkout with adding a delivery address. I do not see the Pickup message included in your screenshot. Definitely worth calling into Support so they can lend a hand

Justin
Message 99 of 102

Thanks Justin, I believe I fixed it this morning by resetting some settings

Cheers

Matt G

Message 100 of 102
Alumni

Awesome!! 🙌 @Fresh_Fetch 

Justin
Message 101 of 102

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 4.50.07 PM.png

Message 102 of 102