x

Authorization error: 'GENERIC_DECLINE

Some clients want to order at my website and unwork.  feedback: Upon checking out my card was declined due to my bank's security protocols.

And i check the website's store log at the baseboard, the incomplete order showed error:  Status: declined, Message: transaction_declined - Authorization error: 'GENERIC_DECLINE'

Why do squares appear different problems these days?

By the way, my website use the bigcommerce system.

Do you use other online payment platforms besides square?

Please recommend!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Are you getting these errors using a Square Online Site or a Third-party website using a Square Integration @bbbgem?

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hello, have we found a resolve for this?  I also have tried 5-6 different cards and all giving generic decline... Ive contacted bank and they state nothing is wrong on their end.. and that the declines should not be happening as they arent declining. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @SEOforyou - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

We can certainly provide some general information on why a payment may have failed, but we won't be able to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account and transactions with you, which we aren't able to do via the Seller Community. 

For this type of issue, I suggest that you get in touch with our Support Team. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4