x

Can you sell a 3d file or an .stl?

Can you add a 3D file or an .stl for your item so when a customer purchases it, they can download it and print it? And if there is a way already to attach a file to your item I must have missed it. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Hi NW3DDesign,

You can sell digital items however, fulfillment of digital item orders must be done manually at this time.  Depending on what you’re selling, you may be able to simply send the file as an email attachment.  Meaning, this is a separate manual step on your end, it's not automated like tangible items.   For larger or multiple files, you will need to upload and email your customers a link to access them. There are a number of services that provide file upload, storage, and sharing features, Dropbox would be one example.

Message 2 of 3

@NW3DDesign  I know this is a bit late, but I'd also plug my team's app called Bitship. This is an add-on that will fully automate the delivery of digital files within seconds of a sale to your customers. We have over 100 merchants using the product to automate their digital file sales. Please let us know if we can help.

Message 3 of 3