x
Beta Member

Categories not showing up in Online site editor

I have a new account and I'm in the process of setting up my item library in the desktop as well as my Square Online website.

When I attempt to do any work with categories on the Online side, it behaves as though I have no categories set up.

I do, however, and they are enabled for online visibility.

For example, if you log in to the site editor for my site, click the "Featured categories" section on the left, then "Choose categories" -- it will show that no categories are available.

Or click the header, click "Edit links", then "Add navigation link", then Link to: "Category page"... no categories.

If I view an item in the "Site Items" area, none are in a category and no categories are available to be selected.

Has anybody seen this? I'm posting in this forum because support asked me to.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Beta Member

Have you tried to clear your cache?

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Yes. I have even tried multiple browsers at work and at home. Same thing.

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @oakwoodbotanic - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your Square Online Store has brought you to the Seller Community.

This does sound off, but it's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your settings and website with you, which we aren't able to do via the Seller Community. For this type of issue, I suggest that you get in touch with our Support Team. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

It was the Support Team that told me to post here. I think because they couldn't figure out the problem even though they were able to reproduce it. I'll try again, thanks.

Message 5 of 6

Any solution to this? Having the exact same problem.

Message 6 of 6