x
Beta Member

Customers not able to submit online orders

We have a number of customers that have had issues using our Square online store, they are able to order up until they click "Place Order", when they click this it will just sit there and clock, and never go through. They have left it for over an hour before and nothing happens. We have them try Chrome and Edge and neither one makes any difference. They are able to order from their phone though. Is there something that could be installed on these customer's computers that could be causing this issue that anyone is aware of? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

What is the other device they’re using besides the phone? Are they using the same browser on their phone and that other device? 

@Justin_N any thoughts?

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 2 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello @mkhellman,

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry your customers having such a hard time, that can be frustrating. Can we have them try to clear the cache and history on the browser? Let me know if they are still continuing to haver issues. Also, do you run into this problem on your end at all? 

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

We have had the customers clear their cache and history and have tried several browsers with the same issue. None of this seems to make any difference. I do not run into this on my end at all, I have not been able to recreate. The only item that I am not sure of yet is if it maybe a certaing type of credit card causing the issue. 

Message 4 of 6
Square

Hey there @mkhellman! Thanks for the tag @JessPoynter!

I would not expect that there is a common software on your buyers' computers that is causing this issue. If that were the case, I'd expect that this would be an issue impacting everyone who uses our software, and I'm not seeing any indication of that at this point. As far as a first troubleshooting step goes, if I were you I'd PUBLISH the website from within the Website Editor. Often, re-publishing a website can resolve random oddities that come up for folks.

On your website, I just put through a test order ($1 for Pop) and while there was a moment of "the loading wheel"/clock but within two seconds I was sent to the confirmation page. The good news is that means your website isn't broken for everyone, but it does add complexity as you have stated that something IS stopping SOME buyers from checking out.

I have already shared your original post with the team who owns this part of our product.

They've suggested that, what would be exceptionally helpful would be any screenshots, error messaging or network/console logs that your (or in this case, your buyers) may have.

As the previous items are hard to come by in this situation (let's be real -- it is NOT an expectation of buyers that they're going to be assisting the business with troubleshooting), we would be happy to get even some additional facts about the transactions that are failing, eg...

1. What payment method had the buyer chosen?
  2. Is the buyer using Loyalty?
  3. Was the order for Pickup, Delivery, or....?
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Thank you Justin, I just had a chance to read through your suggestions above. I just sent a note to a few of our customers to see if I can get any of these answers or screen shots for you. I also published the website again.

The online ordering works perfectly for me, I have not ran into any issues at all when I place orders on my own computer and phone.

I do know one of our customers had this issue even with a gift card payment.

All orders are pickup, and we do not use the loyalty program. 

I will follow up with you as soon as I receive any further feedback, thank you!

Message 6 of 6