x

Domain Will Not Allow Me To Save Changes

Hello,

I am trying to transfer my domain from Weebly to another site.

My issue that I am running into is that when I try to edit the Nameserver, change the information, and try to save, it gives me an error on it's attempt to save. The information I enter is correct, but it is failing to save. I also tried to edit other small things (not my address, name or other personal info), and it would still give me the error of not being able to save.

Is anyone else having this issue and has resolved it?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out, @OnexBlackxRose Welcome to the Community 🎉

The error you are describing can sometimes occur if a recently registered domain or recently transferred domain has not been verified. Can you please check for a domain verification email in your inbox? 

Please let us know if you do not see any type of verification email, and we'll look into this further for you. We'll just need you to confirm the full domain. 

Thanks! 

Message 2 of 6

Hello,

I looked in and my domain is verified. I would like to point out that I wasnt having these issues a couple weeks ago when I was trying to make these changes before. I was also able to change the nameserver with success, but for some reason, it reverted back to what it was.

Thank you

Message 3 of 6

Can you check to see if the domain is locked? You mentioned you are trying to transfer the domain name, and in order to do this you must unlock the domain to prepare for transfer. If the domain is unlocked you will not be able to make any changes to the DNS. 

The lock option will display in the top right corner of the domain details page. If it is unlocked you will see a link that says "enable" next to the authorization code. 

💡Note: You will not be able to re-lock the domain if a transfer is already in progress. If this is the case you will need to wait until the domain has fully transferred, and is available in the new account to access and edit. 

Message 4 of 6

Oh, okay. The domain lock is unlocked, and isn't able to be locked. This may be due to the transfer being in progress, but failing at the other end. So maybe I just have to wait for them to stop trying to process it so I can lock it back up to be able to change the DNS?

Message 5 of 6

Hi! Stepping in for Bernadette here. If you already started transferring the domain, you could try to cancel the transfer at the destination registrar.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6