x

Donation custom amount showing "out of stock"

I created a donation item with custom amount being available as it is a donation. The set amounts are available however the open donation amount is listed as out of stock. As this is a donation item type there is no way to set a stock amount, how do I get this fixed?

URL:

https://square.link/u/FCGCPHHj 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Beta Member

Hey there Schabc,

As they say on "Ancient Aliens" - "You are not alone".   First thanks for sharing the link.  I created a test Donation item and I'm seeing the same issue.  See the attached screen shot.  Looks like a good candidate for Tech Support to figure out.

Donation_Screen_Shot.jpg

Message 2 of 7
Super Seller

@schabc  @JK_Fiber_Art  I've seen this pop up here and there. With regular items, you cannot have them listed for sale on the online store when you don't have a price attached to it. It stands to reason that the same would go for donations. Since the dollar amounts are working for you, I'd recommend just sticking with those.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

That's an interesting way to look at it however, it's not a solution nor a work around - why would Square give you the option to enter a custom amount if they knew it would say "out of stock" ?    It's a Donation function - it's not an item that is being sold.  Just my thoughts here as I don't think that this has happened in the past so it would appear this is a recent glitch.

Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

@JK_Fiber_Artand it may very well be a glitch. I'm just giving ideas.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Hopefully Square will fix this.  It's interesting, Square has knowledgeable and talented software engineers however, I don't believe those same people have or run a business.  What they think we need and what we need aren't always the same thing.  There is a work around if all someone wants is a link to create a Donation - take a look at JotForm - they have lots of templates for Donations (and any other type of form) which can easily be customized and you can use Square to process the transaction.

Message 6 of 7

Yes, the only way around this is to allow lower values and the user would have to increment up..quirky I know!

Message 7 of 7