x

Feature Request: Online Store Sort by Color & Size

My customers would love to be able to search our website based on color & size availability! 

While I do see you can add these as 'options' to products, it's not really functional for my retail site. If you search based on size, it doesn't take stock quantity into account. Which is really the purpose of filtering by size.

Adding colors also isn't really applicable for my purposes because 99% of my items are only available as one color option. It doesn't require a dropdown selection and would just add one extra unnecessary step towards the purchase funnel. 

Would love to see this feature implemented in more of a tags/categories sort of way that allows my customers an easier way to sort through our products! 

Message 1 of 49
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Heya @compassrose01 and @suite1skincare!

We did recently just launch options for filtering items as of April 13th!

Here's an example here of what it looks like live:

Let me know if you have more questions!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 22 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Add to sort online store :

SALE

currently:

Popularity

Newest

Price (high-low)

Price (low-high)

Alphabetical(a-z)

Alphabetical(z-a)

Why can't we sort by what is on sale?

Message 2 of 49
Beta Member

I see "Sale and Deals" on the bottom of my sort page filters... but the items I have added sale prices to, still do not appear.  Can you help us Square/Weebly?

Message 3 of 49

Hey there @GoldStripe1

If your Item Sorting isn't working as expected and this has been going on for several days, I recommend reaching out to our eCommerce team so they can look closer into this. 

The team can be reached at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here.

JJ
Message 4 of 49

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Filter by size

I am wondering if there is an option for our customers to filter by their apparel size? Right now, they can just search based on apparel categories like ladies, mens, youth. Since size is always changing, I wasn't sure if there was a way to make our website customer friendly by allowing them to filter by size as well. Any help is appreciated! 

Message 5 of 49
Alumni

I definitely see how this could be a useful feature for customers when shopping sized apparel, @NFAA. Right now, this would be considered a feature request, but we'll be sure to pop back here and update this thread if anything changes!

Valentina
Message 6 of 49

This would be a great feature for me as well (shoe sales). I know several customers have asked how they could just search for the shoes available in their particular size. Please give any updates on this.

Message 7 of 49
Alumni

Welcome back to the Seller Community!

No update just yet, @NicoleB1, but we'll be sure to drop an announcement here if this feature is built out in the future 💫

Valentina
Message 8 of 49

I sell bras and other undergarments. My inventory includes hundreds of items, but rarely is each item available in every size. How could I add a feature for my customers to be able to browse my inventory according to an option such as size (ex: 32B size bra). Perhaps filters that could be applied to search results, or a "browse by size" option?

Message 9 of 49
Admin

Hey @BeauCorset-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

As of right now, these are the only filtering options we have for customers when viewing your site:

However, we do have a search functionality:

Does that help? Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 10 of 49

Thanks, that's what I ended up doing. I posted an instruction in my blog on how to use the search function to find bras in specific sizes. It's rather clunky - especially since everyone who's ever been on the internet expects a filter function on search results - but I guess I'm stuck with it for now...

Message 11 of 49
Beta Member

This would be a very useful feature to include.  All I am looking for is a simple filtering criteria that will allow my customers to select Small, Medium, Large or XL.  This will be a great add-on for clothing retailers.  Thanks!

Message 12 of 49
Beta Member

Is there an update on this filter?

Filter:

Small

Medium

Large

XL

Please confirm - thanks.

Message 13 of 49
Alumni

No update to give yet. We'll update this thread when we learn something new @Poshak

Justin
Message 14 of 49
Beta Member

Hi @JustinC, any further updates on this feature?  Looking for customers to select by Size: Small, Medium, Large and XL.  Thanks.

Message 15 of 49

Hi @Poshak Thanks for posting! 

We do not have any updates at this time, but we will make sure to update this thread as soon as we have more information to share. 

Message 16 of 49
Beta Member

I would love to have my customers be able to filter the items they are viewing by multiple different categories.

For  example, I have the categories: bi-weekly, weekly, monthly

as well as: Spring, Summer

It would be so nice if the customer could select two or more catergories (such as biiweekly and summer), and square would then display only the items that are all of the selected categories.  Much like on amazon when you select "women's shoes" and "size 10"

Is there any way to implement this on square online? 

Message 17 of 49
Alumni

Hi @foothillfarm,

Great suggestion. Let me look into this with our online store team. Also, can you provide your online store URL? Thank you!

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 18 of 49
Beta Member

Sure, it’s still under development, but here’s my store: www.shopfoothillfarmflowers.com

in the future I’d like to list specific flower varieties in with categories like color, form and months they are in season, so a customer could select blush focal flower blooming in June and see everything in all those categories. It would also be nice if categories  could be grouped in a hierarchy. Kind of like size, color, variety, etc, with categories that belong to each group. 

Message 19 of 49
Alumni

Hi @foothillfarm,

Thank you for your patience. I did some digging, and at this point, the ability to filter items by category is a feature request. 

We definitely see how it could benefit your business model. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 20 of 49

The ability to filter by multiple categories would be really useful for my site too. I sell plants and while I have categories for height, color, sun preference, etc., many times a customer wants to search "short blue flowers for full sun", which right now they cannot do.

https://gnarly-oak-native-plants.square.site/s/shop

Thanks!

Message 21 of 49