x
Admin

Get Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store, December 2021 Edition

AdamB_0-1637690730791.png

Hello again!

It’s time for the holiday 2021 edition of “Get Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store”!  🎁 🎁 🎁

Now is a really great time to make some changes in preparation for the holiday shopping season. Just like the other threads in this series, comment below with a link to your Square Online store. I’ll take a look and provide some tips and advice you can use to take your online store to the next level. 

This event will run until December 16th. 

Related:

Get More Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store

Get Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 353
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Get Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store, December 2021 Edition

12/13 Update: The response has been fantastic! Just so everyone is aware, if you haven't gotten a response yet - don't worry. We'll get to your site over the next couple of weeks. We'll also tag you when we reply, so you'll get an additional email saying one of us "mentioned" you.

352 REPLIES 352
Beta Member

Thank you.  www.issaquahcoffee.com

Message 295 of 353
Admin

Hey @mrswingle1 - thanks for sharing! Your site looks great - I love all the eye-catching images, and everything is easy to find. I like the dual call-to-action buttons, too - it's great that you differentiate between what you'll ship and what needs to be picked up at your shop. I also love that you have a featured artist on the site. It would be really cool to see a dedicated page for that, with a little info about the artist and some additional pictures. Just a thought. 🙂

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 296 of 353
Square Champion

www.agbstl.com

Abby
Owner, Abigail's Gift Boutique and Abigail's Boutique St. Louis, MO
https://www.facebook.com/abigailsgiftboutique
https://www.instagram.com/abigails_stl/
Message 297 of 353
Admin

HI @Abigails_stl! I love the color scheme on your site and how it even ties in with the model's outfit in image at the top! Also great photos throughout the site! On the topic of photos, have you considered adding your Instagram feed to the home page? You could also add some featured items to the home page to highlight popular or newly-added merchandise. I probably sound like a broken record to anyone reading my comments, but I always like to see an "About Us" or "Our Story" page. I love learning about the background and history of a business. 😄

Elisabeth (she/they)
Message 298 of 353
Square Champion

Thank you! I will be spending some time in the new year tweaking and adding to the site! We do change the color scheme quarterly to match our marketing across all platforms... some come back and check it out in February. We will definitely add an about us section... I thought we had the Instagram on the homepage but maybe not... we did a lot of weekly updates over the last month.

Abby
Owner, Abigail's Gift Boutique and Abigail's Boutique St. Louis, MO
https://www.facebook.com/abigailsgiftboutique
https://www.instagram.com/abigails_stl/
Message 299 of 353

ADAM -   here is my link https://www.paradiseicemore.com 

Thank You for any feedback.   Tony

Message 300 of 353
Beta Member

Expert advice  welcomed - mitten-beach-designs.square.site

Message 301 of 353
Admin

Hi @MittenBeach - thanks for sharing! I love your fun jewelry designs and that they incorporate repurpose items! The Great Lakes necklace is really cool - I grew up around the lakes in Northern Illinois and Northern Minnesota, so I love to see that. 😊

Overall your site is great - I love your "about" page, and the "Last Minute Gifts" call to action button on the home page is a great idea! I noticed you're linking to Google Reviews on your home page. Did you know that Square Online has a customer review feature? After a period of time, an email request will automatically go to customers who buy from your online store (you can specify the timeframe in the settings). You can approve customer reviews and they'll appear on the page for whatever item they purchased. Here's a support article in case you're interested

Elisabeth (she/they)
Message 302 of 353

Love this idea

Message 303 of 353

please check us out:

www.rustyraven.com

Message 304 of 353
Admin

Hey @rustyravenng ! I love the eclectic and unique selection of items you have, not to mention the "unapologetic" note. 😂

I got a kick out of browsing your site and sure wish your store was closer! The site looks great, and I don't have much in the way of suggestions since you've done a great job. The only thing I can think of is to maybe consider moving the testimonials section on the home page below the featured items & categories sections, and (though it's a bit close to the holidays now) moving the holiday ornaments featured items to the top for better visibility.

Elisabeth (she/they)
Message 305 of 353
Beta Member

Message 306 of 353
Admin

Hi @GGreenly! I love what you've done with the site - the logo in the background is a nice touch! It really works well with your main website. Just a couple of things to consider:

- You could add a favicon to your site to replace the default one, which is the Square logo. I think your logo would work perfectly for this. Here's an article from our support center with more info.

- Have you thought about setting up a subdomain like order.gogreenly.com for the Dobbs Ferry site? Just a thought! 

Elisabeth (she/they)
Message 307 of 353
Beta Member

www.PurpleDolphinBath.com

Christina Thompson
Message 308 of 353
Admin

HI @Christina61612 - thanks for sharing your site! I love the business name, it's really cute and unique! 😁Everything looks good overall, and you've done a great job with the product descriptions! 

I just have a couple of ideas for you:

- I noticed that you linked to a document with a list of your events. Have you considered making an events page on your site and embedding a Google Calendar? Here's a support article with more details.

- I really like the text on the front page that talks about why you started making your own bath products, but I feel like it would fit in better if added to your "About" page. 

Elisabeth (she/they)
Message 309 of 353
Beta Member

Hi, AdamB,

https://Sensualscenarios.com 

Thanks in advance for your help! 😊 

Message 310 of 353
Admin

Hi @Scenarios - your site looks really professional, well done! I love how you've used categories on the homepage to highlight specific items. I have just a couple of ideas for you to consider:

- Have you thought about offering gift cards? You can set up eGift cards with Square and easily add a link to your website navigation. If you're interested, you can learn more in this support article.

- I love the picture on your "About" page! I happened to notice the page is way at the bottom of the "More" menu in your navigation. The "More" menu item is enabled when there are more pages than can fit across the navigation area on your site. You can rearrange the menu so your About page is one of the main links. We have a support article that explains how to do that (I've linked right to that part of the article). 

Elisabeth (she/they)
Message 311 of 353

Hello,

Can you please provide feedback on my store?

www.goddessbathhouse.com

Message 312 of 353
Admin

Not a problem, @Goddesscrubsbut

Normally I would say that you should make your navigation background match the background color of your logo so it looks less like it's just stuck there, but in your case I think it actually works well. It's repeating the blocky look of the section below it, and creates a nice triangle with it visually.

Since you have the Shop Now button, you probably don't need to have a separate link in your navigation for your shop. You could also replace that with an "about us" page to talk more about your brand and products.

Adam
Message 313 of 353
Beta Member

I'd love for you to take a look at www.cronescupboard.com. 

I have lots of stuff in the works for improvement, but would love your suggestions! 

Message 314 of 353
Admin

No problem at all, @WitchyMichie! The first thing I noticed is it looks like you've got your branding really nailed down, particularly with the use of some related green colors. That can actually be challenging for people, so it's great that you have that aspect of your site completed. 

Two small improvements I think you could make:

1. You could add a "contact us" navigation item that links to the "contact us" section on your homepage.

2. It wouldn't hurt to add links in your footer to pages of your site; a percentage of visitors will always scroll straight to the bottom to look for website links, so it helps those folks find what they are looking for.

Adam
Message 315 of 353