x
Admin

Get Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store, December 2021 Edition

AdamB_0-1637690730791.png

Hello again!

It’s time for the holiday 2021 edition of “Get Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store”!  🎁 🎁 🎁

Now is a really great time to make some changes in preparation for the holiday shopping season. Just like the other threads in this series, comment below with a link to your Square Online store. I’ll take a look and provide some tips and advice you can use to take your online store to the next level. 

This event will run until December 16th. 

Related:

Get More Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store

Get Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 353
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Get Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store, December 2021 Edition

12/13 Update: The response has been fantastic! Just so everyone is aware, if you haven't gotten a response yet - don't worry. We'll get to your site over the next couple of weeks. We'll also tag you when we reply, so you'll get an additional email saying one of us "mentioned" you.

352 REPLIES 352

Hi,

I would be very grateful for a feedback on https://californiabloomingbeauties.com 

Thank you!!

Message 316 of 353
Admin

Hello, @bloomingjoy! I think your homepage is laid out really well - nice job!

Two things I think you could add to your site would be a "contact us" page and links to your footer.

Contact us: I saw that you offer subscription services but didn't see how to set that up. I'm assuming that a customer will contact you to make arrangements for that? If so, a "contact us" page will make that easier.

Footer links: This is generally a best practice as a percentage of visitors expect there to be site links there and scroll down to see. You can turn on showing your site navigation there, or even turn on external links and use those to create custom links to different parts of your site.

Adam
Message 317 of 353

We could really use a big boost to our sales. Ideas? 

https://yourcbdstorepeoria.square.site/

Message 318 of 353
Admin

Hello, @YCBDS625!

I think a dedicated homepage might help you make more sales. Your homepage can sort of make the case to potential customers about why they should buy from you. I wrote a post recently talking about what content you should add to your homepage. It's broader than just what specific elements you should add and worth reading in its entirety, but there is a section a little ways down that talks more specifically about what to add.

Adam
Message 319 of 353

We use Squarespace as our regulare website: www.silofoodtruck.com and Square Online for our menu and ordering-

https://silo-food-truck.square.site/.  How do you think it flows?  I would love feedback!

Message 320 of 353
Admin

Hey @silofood! Since you have your brand colors consistent on both, they flow together pretty well! A few things that might help connect them even more:

1. You could use a subdomain of your custom domain with the online ordering page, e.g. order.silofoodtruck.com. Note that you may need to upgrade if you haven't in order to have that future.

2. I think making the background color of the item list white will match your main site a bit more since that also uses white for the background of the content area.

3. In your navigation, you could try turning on the button option and linking that to your gift card to mirror the look on the main site. You can also edit the button color so it's the same yellow.

Oh, one last thing - you could add a link to your navigation to link back to your main site. I'm not sure which site is getting more direct traffic, but it'll make it easier for people to go back and forth. 

P.S. The food looks really tasty!

Adam
Message 321 of 353
Beta Member

Here you go.

When will you fix online store labeling when it comes to inventory? Here are our issues.

• OUT OF STOCK or SOLD OUT label does not appear in SHOP ALL thumbnail view.
  • LOW STOCK does not work properly.
    • Our site shows LOW STOCK on many items we have ample supply of. 
    • Conversely LOW STOCK does not show for items we have zero stock of. 

www.winesneak.com

Message 322 of 353
Admin

Thanks for sharing, @WineSneak. Have you contacted our support team about labels on your items? I'm not sure why that's not working correctly for you, but it would be good to provide examples to them so they can escalate it to our engineers.

Regarding your site itself, the first thing that jumps out at me is potentially adding an image next to the text you have at the top of your homepage. You might need to change to a different section to do this. I think separating out the text with an image will make it more visually digestible by visitors. For example, keep your "welcome to.." to ext and the line about being locally owned an open in a section. Then below that have your locations listed with an image to the left or right, then below that have another section highlighting your new partnership.

Adam
Message 323 of 353

Message 324 of 353
Admin

Hi, @kjscakerybakery!

I really, really like the way you have all the different sections laid out on your homepage. In fact, the only thing I would consider is maybe adding something action-oriented to your header section. For example, you could use text like you have on your about page ("everyone should enjoy the sweet life"), add a button below linked to your shop that has text like "shop our sweets", then have a picture behind it showing something yummy. 

I just had an interesting thought while looking through your site... You have a lot of really cute backgrounds that look like sprinkles. You could use the Square Photo Studio app (it's free!) to take images of your items, then use cute backgrounds like those behind them. It's a way to get really consistent images of your items but maintain the brand you have.

Adam
Message 325 of 353
Beta Member

Hey im Ryan witch backyard brew coffee in palo alto

any feedback would be appreciated 

order.backyardbrew.com

Message 326 of 353
Beta Member

Message 327 of 353
Admin

The personalized coffee back is really cool, @BackyardBrew! It's great that you have this near the top of the page! You might consider using a section that includes a button at the top with your text, that way you can include a button that says something like "order your bag now".  Call-to-action buttons like that help prompt a visitor to take an action rather than passively read.

One more thing you could do is try removing "home" from your site navigation. Your site logo links to the same place, and reducing the number of items in your menu helps focus the attention of visitors on the other menu items.

Adam
Message 328 of 353
Beta Member

Thank you

Message 329 of 353
Beta Member

https://shop.sianscooking.com/

looking forward to your feedback

Message 330 of 353
Admin

Thanks for sharing, @chefsian. Exciting to see some Caribbean-style food!

Since you have an online ordering site that you link to from a main site, I think it's a good idea to keep the content leaner like you have it.

One thing you could do on your store homepage is add a featured items section. Highlighting some specific popular items can help entice new and returning visitors to buy them.

Adam
Message 331 of 353

Yes I would love feedback. I’m just setting up my page and have had a hard time with understanding how to keep certain things off the home page. Thanks 

Message 332 of 353
Admin

Hi @Kellibain! What is the website address of your online store?

Adam
Message 333 of 353
Beta Member

How can I see if you responded to me? I keep getting alerts (like hundreds) so it's hard to keep up. 

I'm TheRoseMobileB.com 

Thanks 😊 

Message 334 of 353
Admin

Hi @therosemobileb - I'll be getting to your site today, and I'll tag your username in my reply like I did here. So sorry about all the notifications! 😓

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 335 of 353
Beta Member

Same. I'm getting tons of emails a day but I'm not subscribed to this feed. I did already receive a reply.

Message 336 of 353