x
Admin

Get More Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store

AdamB_0-1629842222495.jpeg

Hello again! 👋 This meme has nothing to do with this post, but it appeals to my sense of humor and is somewhat related because… fonts!

A few weeks ago, I asked sellers like you to share your Square Online site and get expert feedback. It was a lot of fun - thank you to everyone who commented looking for advice.

If you missed it the first time around, now is your chance to get expert advice for your own store. Comment below and share the website address of your store, and I’ll provide advice and tips you can use to up your game! 😁

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 193
192 REPLIES 192
Admin

Hello, @Buffysbling!

Here are a couple thoughts I had after looking at your website:

1. I would make the text you have at the top of your home page into two different sections with different backgrounds. It's just long enough that it will be visually easier for customers to read with some extra space added in.

2. You could add an About Us page to talk about your business a little bit - customers like to be able to read a bit about who they are buying from, and it can add a nice personal touch.

Adam
Message 148 of 193
Beta Member

Thank you so much!!! I will work on that today!!

Message 149 of 193
Admin

You're welcome! 😁

Adam
Message 150 of 193

I would love feedback on my square store.https://downwright-dazzling.square.site/

Message 151 of 193
Beta Member

Hi Kathy!

I suggest you change your image ratio to 2:3, so the logo shows on your stock photos to stay in compliance. I’m viewing on a mobile device.

Jill

Message 152 of 193

That is what it is set on so I am not sure what else to do.  I tried doing it at 1.1 but you still can not see the logo. I use a laptop. I will ask someone and see if they know.

Message 153 of 193

Well I shut it down so it's no longer published. I need to find a place to create one that works. I never touched any setting in there so I have no clue how to fix this problem.  Guess I will just not use square ?

Message 154 of 193
Square Community Moderator

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your logo, @kathywright1

Please let us know if you change your mind and decide to try it out again. 

Message 155 of 193

Everything is still there loaded using weebly. Had 2 others go look to see what was wrong. Nothing that they could find. My settings are correct so its again something with Square. The only thing I can do is wait till next week and see if they answer my email. Its unpublished. 

I also believe the whole site does not sync with square. If I am in square and look at items they are not in the categories and the count is missing. Go to online its all correct in there. I am wondering if when Tec support was trying to fix the tax in there (which is still set wrong) if they did something else .

Message 156 of 193
Beta Member

Message 157 of 193

I am a member of that group. 

Message 158 of 193

I followed the directions in her Video. Now when you go to my sq store you can see the crown on all the pictures until you click on them and open them up. then there is no crown on any of them . 

Message 159 of 193
Admin

Hi @kathywright1, thanks fo sharing!

If you want to change the ratio of images on your individual item pages, click on the Pages dropdown on the top left of the website editor, then scroll down and click on any item page. Next, click on the item image on the page so it opens up image gallery options on the left. Click on the 2:3 option on the left, then click on the Done button on the top left and publish your site again.

Adam
Message 160 of 193

That has already been done,  It does not work on all the images for each item only the main image. That is the problem. Paparazzi wants the crown to show on all the stock photos which is what I used that they give us with each order. 

store 1.jpg

Message 161 of 193
Admin

By other images you mean the small square icons used for additional images on an item page? I don't think there's a way to change those, unfortunately. If a customer clicks on one so it changes which image is shown large it will show the branding, though. I wonder if that might be okay with Paparazzi?

Adam
Message 162 of 193

That is the problem when the image is changed the crown or branding is gone. And it seem that other consultants do not have this problem. The Branding has to show in order to be in compliance with Paparazzi on all photos 

Message 163 of 193
Beta Member

Can you share a screenshot of the page where the items don’t show the crown?

Message 164 of 193

kathywright1_0-1631123430526.png

kathywright1_1-1631123482309.png

kathywright1_2-1631123554942.png

First one show the crown.  Second one is when I opened it and so is the 3rd one And if you look the crown is gone from the 3 smaller ones too.

Message 165 of 193
Square Champion

@kathywright1 wrote:

kathywright1_0-1631123430526.png

kathywright1_1-1631123482309.png

kathywright1_2-1631123554942.png

First one show the crown.  Second one is when I opened it and so is the 3rd one And if you look the crown is gone from the 3 smaller ones too.

Hey @kathywright1 

I don't use Square Online, and I'm not sure what sort of settings you have listed for your gallery or images, but have you tried resizing the image prior to uploading?

I took this image from this product page here and resized it by about half.  

https://downwright-dazzling.square.site/product/scarfed-for-attention-silver/248?si=true

Here is the resized image if you wanted to re upload it and give it a whirl. Right Click>Save 

(Couldn't upload the image, so click the link here to my Drive folder .

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 166 of 193

Hi Adam!

Things were hectic at the farm last month so I didn't take the time to open your mail till now... If its not too late, expert advice is always welcome for newbies like me...

www.terramillefolia.square.site

Thanks! 🙂

Message 167 of 193
Admin

Hi, @Sophie1! Not a problem - you aren't too late. 🙂

Visually, I think your site looks great! The only thing I would consider changing is the image used in the background of your footer, since the white links are a little hard to read. 

One other thing you might consider is using a subdomain of your custom domain with your site. I don't speak French so I'm not sure what the correct word is, but something like shop.terramillefolia.com would really help tie the main site and the online store site together.

Adam
Message 168 of 193