x
Beta Member

How do I remove the cash app button from my item page on square online?

They added this feature.  It makes my website look awful and is destroying my brand.  How do I remove it?

Message 1 of 59
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Meetings- I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

You can disable Cash App acceptance through your Square Online store by visiting your Online Dashboard. From there, you'll select Settings on the left and then Checkout.  Then, you can click the toggle switch next to Accept Cash App to disable it, as shown below.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 59
58 REPLIES 58
Beta Member

Can we please have this removed from our website as well? We also don't like that it asks about it on registers at the stores.

Message 43 of 59

@Simpleroast 

This feature has been removed from your Square Online site, so you should no longer see it displayed. 

As for the Square Register, you can disable the payment method from your Square Register's settings. To do so, head to Settings > Checkout > Payment Types > Disable Cash App Pay

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 44 of 59

Please remove the Cash App feature from my site too! I found the toggle switch to turn it off, but it won’t go away from my site. It really looks terrible and my customers do not need this. 

Message 45 of 59

@goodelephant 

The Cash App Pay pay in installments feature has been removed from your account so you should no longer see it on your Square Online site!

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 46 of 59
Beta Member

Please remove the Cash App feature from my site as well.  The toggle does not work as described.  Turned off but still on the site?  It really doesn't flow well with the page, thank you for you help. 

Message 47 of 59

Hi @ccoast, I'm sorry for the confusion! The Cash App Pay buy now pay later feature has just been removed from your account and site! 

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 48 of 59

How do we remove the Cash App on checkout? I have clicked the option (and the button is grey) in the Online Checkout options to remove it, but the Option is still there. I gave it a few days, still there... thanks!

Message 49 of 59

So sorry for the delay @moongym. The Cash App Pay buy now, pay later feature has been removed from your Square Online site. Thanks for your patience!

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 50 of 59

Please remove the cashapp feature from my site as well. I just noticed it today and I have disabled it but I would like the advertisement on each item removed. 

Message 51 of 59

So sorry for the confusion @prisjones. To confirm, the Cash App Pay buy now, pay later feature has been removed from your Square Online site!

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 52 of 59

Seriously, this thread (which took me TWO HOURS to find) has reached three pages of merchants who were automatically opted in and have no recourse but to ask that it be manually turned off from the backend? Square is effectively running ads for financing on merchants' websites without consulting them. This is not acceptable

Message 53 of 59

Hello, please remove the Cash App from my account. It is toggled/turned off in my settings but still appears on my site. Thank you. 

Message 54 of 59

Hello, please remove Cash App from my site. I have toggled/turned off the option in my settings however it is still displaying on my site. Thank you. 

Message 55 of 59

Hello there @apparuk

I have escalated your request to the team in charge. It may take 1-2 business days for the request to be completed.

JJ
Message 56 of 59

I want Cash App removed from my customer screen on my brand new Square Register. I never agreed to have it on there. Plus, it's really confusing for customers. I want it off!

Message 57 of 59

Hi @lund0420 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

On the Square Register, you can edit your Payment Types by selecting More at the bottom of the screen of the Main Display (not the Customer Display). Then you'll go to Settings, followed by Checkout. From this page, select Payment Types and scroll down until you see Cash App Pay. You'll click the blue button next to it to disable it.

This should do the trick but please do let me know if you have any additional questions 🙂

Violet
Message 58 of 59

Please remove the Cash App icon off of my card reader. I disabled the Cash App option but the icon is still there. Very annoying for customers.

Message 59 of 59