x
Beta Member

Inventory with Point of Sale vs Restaurants?

I have a bagel shop and haven been doing very well with Square Online since COVID hit. We have our store set up with NCR Silver but would like to go completely to Square. My question is, which would work better for us. Square POS or Square for Restaurants? I need them to be able to sync together so that if we have a total of say 12 muffins in inventory, whenever someone buys one either from online or in the shop, the inventory would reflect that. Is that possible?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @bagellady and welcome to the Community!

We'd be happy to have you. 

Our Online Store inventory options have to be manually updated to reflect the amount you actually have but Square for Restaurants has more robust options that you may be looking for here.

Square for Restaurants inventory options has the option to 86 items and updating the availability right in the app. You can set it up to automatically do so as well as mentioned in this article linked. 

I hope these articles help and answer any questions you had! Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Hi.  I am having the same issue where I have the Square for restaurants app on my POS hardware, but when I update stock on there, it's not linking with the same number that's showing in the Square Dashboard.  However, the Square dashboard is what is showing as available through our online ordering.  Please help!

Message 3 of 3