x

Moving third party domain to another square store site.

I have a third party domain from siteground, I recently built a new store with square online and I would like to give that new store the old one's third party domain. The old one will be given a free square domain and unpublished. How can I transfer the domains? I tried editing the site destination of the domain to the new store, but it is not working.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out, @kiyst 👋

You will need to disconnect the domain from the Siteground website before you can connect it to your Square Online website.

I'm not familiar with the Siteground steps to disconnect, but I do know they have support available here. If you visit the page I posted you will see a link in the top right corner for "Get in touch".

Once the domain is disconnected, follow these steps to connect the domain to your Square website. You will also have to point the DNS to Square ex: 199.34.228.164

Message 2 of 4

I already have connected a domain to a Square store before, I just made another Square store that I wanted to migrate that domain to. Will the steps be different?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

No, it should be the same process. The first step is to disconnect the domain from the Siteground account. Can you let me know the domain name, so I can take a look on the backend? 

Message 4 of 4