x

Prepaid shipping Labels for returns

I need to print pre paid shipping labels to put with my online orders for returns. I use USPS and of right now I am not finding any answer from Square support nor when I call USPS. 

I would like to ether make it where I can put the label in their shipment and it only be charged if used or have a link on my site where they would be able to put in their order number in and the items they would like to return or exchange and be able to print their own return label. 

All other major online retail platforms have this option I just don't know why I can find it here? Please help?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Also here to say I need the same thing!

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Hello @ElmStreetToys @Addictionsbouti 

I'm a Square Online website designer that works with clients that would benefit from this feature.

Do any sellers or administrators know how to print return labels either to send with an order, or generate after an order is shipped?

Many thanks for any helpful advice!

Susan J.
Square Online seller, website designer and artist
Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Ok -- not sure if this is the entire solution -- but I can provide the following lead...

We use xpsshipper.com -- which is a FREE service that gets paid from your use of USPS (but you can also plug in your FEDEX and UPS account numbers and it will do pass through charges to those accounts -- no surcharges).

It does NOT integrate with SQ.  We discovered it when we were exploring solutions that work with Shopify (which we are still begrudingly using for our website). Shopify sucks --except everything else seems to suck more-- and it does NOT directly connect to SQ so we use it as what I refer to as a "brochure" site (or non-transactional).  

Anyway -- we use the backend of our shopify site to do a form of memoing and invoicing for our theatrical clients -- and it works. We discovered xpsshipper.com from a FEDEX tech lead.  We a big fans of HOLD at LOCATION -- and most of the shipping integrators don't offer that -- NOT shipstation (which is also expensive) -- not SHIPPO, not most of them.  Anyway -- XPS OFFERS Return Labels from USPS that do NOT CHARGE unless USED -- which is RARE.

As I said -- it does NOT integrate with SQUARE -- although I have asked them multiple times. That said -- it consolidates all my carriers into one interface, provides comparitive pricing for services and does HAL.   The only thing that is annoying is that it does NOT provide the comparison pricing for what retail costs would be for the same services -- so we still have to have a FEDEX window open to check what the client's cost for shipping is vs our cost.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Oh -- they also do RETURN LABELS for FEDEX but I think  FEDEX Charges .50 or $1.00 for the creation of those as a "Return Label" whether or not they are used -- but only charges shipping if the parcel is shipped.

You can sort of bypass that $.50-$1.00 if you just do two extra clicks and edit/reship and create a second shipment with all the same details and reverse the address.

Message 5 of 5