x

Product type "variation" is unsupported error when trying to sync from Woocommerce

Hello, 

I have a woocommerce online store and are setting up a physical store as well. We purchased a Square Register and I'm working fix some of the sync discrepancies between the two. I have tried to do a bulk sync, but I get multiple "Product #??? is excluded from sync as the product type "variation" is unsupported." Are variable products not supported to be synced from Woocommerce to Square? I have also noticed that the product images are not syncing as well. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the plugin from the site. I've removed all of the items from Square to do a clean sync, but nothing seems to solve either of the issues. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

It's actually even more than that, the syncs are set to hourly. I now have multiple copies of the same item in Square (not all items, just a subset).

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Hi @AdvGearSouth, thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear that you're having some trouble. 

With your WooCommerce online store, all of your payments and inventory should automatically sync to your Square Dashboard. 

Are you seeing this error message on the Dashboard or the Square Register? 

Can you also share a screenshot of the error? 

Knowing this information will help me take a closer look here.

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 3 of 5

I'm sorry, I've been trying to troubleshoot what has been actually causing the error. I have already cleared and tried to do everything again from the top. I have been making some progress, and have narrowed the errors down to a handful of products, but I'm still having a global issue with inventory levels syncing from Woo to Square. Most items themselves are now syncing, just not inventory levels. They first import with "Manage Stock" off. I then enabled it and forced another sync. The sync record showed as updated, but no inventory counts changed. Square Sync.png

Message 4 of 5

So today I was able to spend time to try and set it up again with all the items and it started doing the same thing. 

Square Sync Error.png

While digging in deeper it has created multiple copies of some items, but not all. It is also in importing all of our products (its less than 20% if I factor in the duplicates that I can see right off hand.

Message 5 of 5