x

Reset theme choice for website

I got started building a website, I got as far as the theme.  I picked out one I liked.  Then it asked me if I wanted to continue with a free website or have a free trial.  I selected free website.  I was then directed to the ugliest website I have ever seen.  Seriously, just don't even offer that. 

I tried to go back and I tried to get rid of that hideous website but no I can't. I cant go back and I cant change it no matter what I try and now I cant have the free trial anymore and the only thing it will allow me to do now is pay upfront before I can even add one thing to the site.  I'm furious and if I have to look at that site again, I'm gonna break something.  NOTHING IS EASY ON SQUARE.  EVERYTHING REQUIRES TWO WEEKS OF WATCHING VIDEO's AND I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE ACUITY VS APPOINTMENTS THING IS, OR WHY THE INFO I ENTERED INTO POS WILL NOT TRANSFER to appointments or anything else.  Why is it 500 different apps that dont seem to work together this was supposed to be easy and maybe if your already a programmer is is but I am not and no one can or will explain to me how any of this is supposed to work together. 

ONE MORE THING AND IM DONE. with square. forever!

PLEASE RESET SOMETHING SO I CAN START TRYING TO MAKE A WEBSITE AGAIN.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@HairLisa Go to your online dashboard and then select the Online ----> Website ---->  Site Preferences ----->  Scroll to bottom and you can click Reset to Default

If you want to change the theme go into website ----> edit site and at the top left hand side there is a "Site Design" button with an artist's palette and you can change the theme and layout there.

The sites are fully customizable and I find the base paid plan to use your own URL very very affordable and usable.  I understand though, the learning curve can be difficult if you really have a vision and want it to look a certain way.  I can tell you care by the frustration and I know you have a vision of the way you want it to look.  That is what stinks sometimes when you have to pay to get exactly what you want when you really need the free version.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2