x

Want to switch to Weebly from Square. Initial screen gave me these choices - chose Square at random

See screenshot. I am realizing I just need a Weebly site probably. How do I "get out" of the Square site builder when I log in?

Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 21.06.44.png

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

Hi Dnishina,

Suggest not to panic - Weebly was acquired by Square in 2018 and is now part of the Square suite of business tools.   You can still have a basic free website without having anything to sell.  You simply create one or more pages with just whatever info you want others to see and creating a Square account as this is required (I think) - doing so won’t cost you anything for starters.

Yep, it's a bit confusing but, basically you can create a free website with the option selling items in the future.  If you plan on selling online down the road, great - you can add items and only pay transactions fees when an item is sold.  Bottom line, you have a free website.  Note, if you want your own domain, then there are additional costs however, if you're OK with your free domain, that's fine too.

jk

Message 2 of 2