x

items keep switching to unavailable

I'm having an issue with items auto-reverting to "unavailable" when the stock runs out. Even though the stock is updated each morning, the item will still be hidden on the site unless I manually click "visible" every day - any suggestions on why this keeps happening?

Message 1 of 7
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: items keep switching to unavailable

Hi there @vagabondcoffee and @artbypino - something doesn't sound right here!

I played around with my own website, and once I sell out of an item, the Out of stock badge will appear on the main page, and the Out of stock text will appear in red on the item page itself. The items were still visible on my website, just not available for purchase. When I updated my stock, I did so through my Square Online Dashboard. You can learn more about managing your inventory through your Square Online Dashboard here.

Where are you updating your inventory?

If you're updating your stock through the Item Library page of your Square Dashboard instead of through your Online Dashboard, you'll want to take a look at your Square Sync settings (Square Online Dashboard > Settings > Square Sync). Scroll on this page to the Sync settings section:

If you have the Mark newly imported items as "Unavailable" online setting toggled ON, any items added to the Item Library in your Square Dashboard will be Unavailable on your Square Online website. It sounds like you may have this toggled on, and are adding stock through the Item Library page of your Square Dashboard. 

Can you let me know what you find out? Thanks for the help, you two!

1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

I played around with my own website, and once I sell out of an item, the Out of stock badge will appear on the main page, and the Out of stock text will appear in red on the item page itself. The items were still visible on my website, just not available for purchase. When I updated my stock, I did so through my Square Online Dashboard. You can learn more about managing your inventory through your Square Online Dashboard here.

If you're updating your stock through the Item Library page of your Square Dashboard instead of through your Online Dashboard, you'll want to take a look at your Square Sync settings (Square Online Dashboard > Settings > Square Sync). Scroll on this page to the Sync settings section:

If you have the Mark newly imported items as "Unavailable" online setting toggled ON, any items added to the Item Library in your Square Dashboard will be Unavailable on your Square Online website. It sounds like you may have this toggled on, and are adding stock through the Item Library page of your Square Dashboard. 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Following...

Cheers!
www.pinoshah.com
@pinoshah
Message 2 of 7
Alumni

Best Answer

Valentina
Message 3 of 7

Hello All! I am having a similar issue and was just curious if this fixed the problem for anyone else? We update many of our stocks via the Item Library but for some reason very specific items will show as Unavailable. I tried the above response so hopefully this will fix it but wanted to see if it worked for others?

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @vigilante Welcome to the Community 🎉

You may need to reach out to the support team directly for something like this, but we can take a quick peak to see if there's anything obvious that stands out. Can you post a link to one of the unavailable items on your site?

Do you have any items setup for time based categories? Sometimes that can cause the item to show unavailable if it is outside the available hours. 

Message 5 of 7

https://vigilante-coffee.square.site/?location=11ea86ff10474de4a1470cc47a2aeaec

(it's under the Bowl category, product is Acai Bowl) For some reason if we update the stock from the App it removes it from the website. Can you please assist?

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @vigilante,

Does it go Unavailable as soon as you make that change? 

Ellie
Message 7 of 7