x

"Add to Cart" Not working

No browsers are working with our online store.  Customers can't purchase because the Add to Cart button will not work on ANY browser.  nothing is helping - Troubleshooting is worthless.  Can't find a way to contact Square. Does anyone know how to do this? 

Message 1 of 32
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @BCAFOnline !

That's interesting that you're seeing this issue. Is it with every item or just one specific one?

A couple of things could be the culprit if it's one specific item:

-If you have options/variations on the item, make sure they are available in your location via the main (not online) dashboard. If you are trying to sell an item with a variation not enabled in that location, I've seen some wonky results.

-Does your item have mandatory modifiers? If it does, you can't add the item to the cart until a modifier is selected. Mandatory modifiers have a red asterisk on them when you view your item on the customer side of the online store.

If it's the whole store, that sounds like a configuration issue. Make sure your store is accepting orders and that your hours of operation are set.

If those ideas don't help, please post a link to your website here. We may be able to see something from the customer side that's tripping things up.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

I am having similar issues.  You click on the button and thats it.  No cart.  No wonder I haven't received any notices after people said they visited here.

Please help

Message 22 of 32

I'm having the same issue. Tried using different browsers, but no change. Tried contacting Customer Support thru chat but received no help there. Have read same problem in many different discussions but no resolutions - Except to tell me to upgrade. I just had a grand opening for my new business and I'm losing customers!! What did I pay for with my domain?? 

Message 23 of 32

And website?

Message 24 of 32

Same issue here - I've lost 2 sales today already!

Message 25 of 32

Has anyone resolved this?  We are seeing this with some customers as well, very frustrating

Message 26 of 32
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out, @SusanT205. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your site. 

Can you please post a link to one of the items on your site that is not working? 

Message 27 of 32
Super Seller

Who should we reach out to with issues with Square Online? My Square Online site has not been able to "add to cart" for almost a week now and no one has replied to my emails.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 28 of 32

Hey @Bronze_Palms,

I've gone ahead and moved your question to the appropriate thread.

Please check out this Best Answer above from ryanwanner.

Can you post a link to your website so we can confirm the settings? 

You should see the Add to Cart option if you navigate the Square Online dashboard, then click Settings > Checkout > Advanced Settings.    

If you're still having trouble, our CS Team needs to look deeper. Here's the link to contact them

Message 29 of 32

Hello i am having this same issue and i dont know how to fix it with my store as well here is the link for mine if anyone can please help me out it would be amazing i just published the website 

https://www.simonsfinearts.org/

Message 30 of 32

Hey @simonsfinearts,

Welcome to the Community. I checked out your website and was able to add items to the cart. Is there a specific item that will not add to the cart on your end?

I look forward to your reply.

Message 31 of 32

Whenever customers add items to their cart, they are unable to continue to check out. Please help! This is my site: https://www.villas-smoked.com/

Message 32 of 32