x
Beta Member

Half and double modifiers for proteins in my QSR Tex-Mex restaurant

We own a QSR restaurant similar to a Chipotle Mexican Grille and love the way their ordering system works.  Many of our customers request half-and-half portions of proteins and we charge for the higher priced one.  We also have people that want to add a protein, either doubling one or getting 2 different ones (think full portion of steak and a full portion of shrimp).  On the Chipotle ordering platform, the customer can select 2 protein modifier options and it charges for the higher cost and adjusts the order to indicate half-and-half.  They can then select double proteins on the next screen to adjust the order to a full portion of each.  This cascading structure would be awesome - I need a modifier hierarchy so the next level "down" is dependent on the first selection.  This would also solve the pizza shop threads regarding 1/2-pizza toppings I have seen with no real answer. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @440burrito,

Thank you for sharing this suggestion with us to make ordering half and double modifiers possible! 

This is definitely a pain point for businesses like yours, and pizza shops as you've mentioned. I'll pass your suggestion on to our team as a possible fix but would also suggest sharing this on our Ideate boards, so we can track this as a feature request.  

We appreciate you being an active member in the Seller Community 😊 

Message 2 of 2