x

Phone Camera for bar code scanner

I found a thread dating back to 2016 with business owners asking for a bar code scanner with a phones camera to be an option to assist with POS for small businesses. I can not seem to find this feature, but I’m sure it exists since it is 2023 now!  

Square team, please help me figure out how to set this up!

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hi @AshLeighLouShop.  It does exist. The ability to do this using the Square Retail App on your phone or tablet has been around for a while, now.  See screen shot below from my iPhone.  The scan button is circled in red.  I’m not sure if there are plans to add the capability to Square POS, so I can’t address that.

You can use the Retail App even if you aren’t signed up for Square for Retail.  It’s a free download.  All Square POS apps are interchangeable that way as far as basic POS functionality goes.  The only reason you would be charged the monthly Retail fee is if you decided to use one of the advanced paid features of Square for Retail.

IMG_3841.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2