x
Beta Member

USB Cash Drawer opens after slight delay

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "USB Cash Drawer opens with a 4-5 second delay all of a sudden??"

As of yesterday, for some reason, there is a delay opening the drawer by 4-5 seconds after cash transactions. There must have been a new update that pushed this new behavior through (there's also a new alert that says "transaction recorded.").

4-5 seconds doesn't sound like a lot, but this is majorly slowing us down. We crush through cash orders in a rush. Can we please go back to the old behavior where you hit the cash button and BAM the drawer opens right up?

Hitting "open drawer" still happens immediately. It's only when you input a cash transaction that there's a 4-5 second delay.

Message 1 of 245
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: USB Cash Drawer opens after slight delay

Hello,

I finally do have an update for you guys. Our team is issuing a fix, 6.31 and that should be available on 12/15/23. If for some reason anything changes with the release date we will make sure to let you guys know. I know this is not ideal with the holiday season coming up and apologize for the huge inconvenience.  I cannot thank you guys enough for your tenacity and continued patience while we address this. 🙏

1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

I have spoken with the engineers and they plan to release 6.31 to address the issue on 11/30/2023. Thank you for all your patience! 

View Best Answer >

Message 121 of 245
244 REPLIES 244

Hey @Candlestore @sammyg @SWCMD @justsportsmans @Alan22,

I have some good news, the team is finally addressing the disruption and will issue a fix. Unfortunately, it won't be available until the end of the month. The expected release date is May 29, 2024. 

I appreciate you guys sticking with us and making sure this was escalated and addressed! If you need anything else please let me know. 🙏

Message 232 of 245
Beta Member

That is some welcome news, thank you! We're having a very big event on 5/26 so if you need someone to test the release a few days early, let me know... 😉

Message 233 of 245
Super Seller

@MayaP ;

Hopefully this will be a fix that lasts and does not disappear in an update in the future again.  Thank you for getting back to us and letting us know they are working on this again.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 234 of 245

Of course, glad to assist. I am hoping the same as well! 🤞

Have a great weekend! @Candlestore !! 😎👋

Message 235 of 245

Any updates on this, Maya? Some of my cash transactions are starting to lag again, but credit cards and nfc have been prohibitively slow to approve on Square Register for a couple of weeks. As we head into the busy season, prioritizing a fix would be in everyone's best interest.

Message 236 of 245

My card transactions have been taking a lot longer to approve the last couple of weeks too. I find myself apologizing to my regulars because they're not used to it taking that long either.

Message 237 of 245

Same here. The problem is the transaction seems fast but there’s a glitch where it says “remove card” on my screen, but a “do not remove” on the customers screen.  I was hoping the new update would address this but it did not. 

Message 238 of 245

Same thing here. Square: Are you guys listening?

Message 239 of 245
Beta Member

We are now experiencing the same thing when running cards.  Very frustrating.

Message 240 of 245

Hey All,

Please see my reply above @MikesCountry @Atypical @Brooklynotto @llij96 @mj1111821 . The rollout (6.44) for the fix is expected to be available on 5/29/24.

I appreciate you guys for hanging in there! 🙌

Message 241 of 245

Push this before the Memorial Day weekend, please.

Message 242 of 245
Beta Member

This would have been great. We have a big concert on Sunday, and we've opted to convert all sales stations to a ticket system and sell all tickets from a single POS, because that one POS is old hardware / software that's not suffering the issue. Gotta make that lemonade.

Message 243 of 245

As of this AM, my Register is on 6.44. I'm opening the shop in 15min. I'll report back if this is fixed!

Message 244 of 245

This appears to be fixed!!! My 1st transaction went right through, just like before. Thank you for pushing the update prior to the busy weekend! 

Message 245 of 245