x
Beta Member

How can you separate sales with Square POS?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: redeeming save30/radio gift certificates traded for advertising]

Helo! Our local radio station has a program called Save30. Customers buy certificates at a 30% discount and we get 100% of the amount credited for advertising. On old POS I was able to add a payment type that would subtract the amount from the total guest check. It would show up on the shift report as a separate payment subtracted from the cash owed from the server. I was then able to put the total amount of all servers save30 in my daily sales report in quickbooks and link that to advertising. 

The way I have it now in square, it shows up as a discount and not a payment type. I don't know how to change that. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hello @kimapollo,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community.

Currently, our system does not have a way of separating percentages or amounts in conjunction with a sale or "commission." All of these sales and reports would have to be kept up manually. 

We definitely see how it could benefit your business model. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I guess I didn't make myself clear. I would like to have a payment method for Save30 gift certificates so it shows up as a separate payment to make it easy for me to then enter it correctly into quickbooks.  Other doesn't really work because we have a few other weirdo forms of payment. 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Hi @kimapollo,

Understood. At that point, the best workaround would probably be to separately ring up that sale/discount within its own transaction. Manually add the item created from your library, then manually add the discount. You would then have to import this into quickbooks and keep track of it that way.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 4