x
Beta Member

Terminal and POS (Ipad and stand) share same cash drawer

it possible to connect a square terminal to the same cash drawer that is connected to a square stand/Ipad and use the terminal to place the order as well as take a CC payment on the terminal that applied to the cash drawer report? One staff member using both stand/Ipad with cash drawer and a terminal that both assign to the same report when the staff member closes the drawer, settles all transactions, and prints the report for their shift.....

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@froggysdaytonha ;

As I see this is your first post to the Sellers community forum let me welcome you here.

Now the Short answer is Yes multiple Devices can share 1 Cash drawer.  The reporting how ever is not going to be divided for the cash drawer per device.  1 Cash Drawer = 1 Report.  

The other thing is you need a Networked Receipt Printer and a Cash Drawer driven by the Receipt Printer.  I have this setup in my store so 2 Stands, 1 Ipad, and 2 Android Cell phones all use 1 Cash Drawer and the 1 Network Printer.  Now for Cash Sales they all go through Ipad Stand 1 and if needed we use Ipad Stand 2 for Credit Card only Sales to keep only 1 person in and out of the cash drawer for reporting.

So I am not sure what type of Cash Drawer or Receipt Printer setup you have.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 2